• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

It is a bad season for Kahli this year?

Started by Xortex, January 28, 2020, 17:06:26 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Xortex

I know how hard it is to catch Kahli and I had some success with it about 6 years ago, but I can't seem to see any activity of it this this year. I tried all the good spots I know of and waited until the sea was sufficiently rough, without any luck. Usually you would be able to see the water splashing (ifawwar) associated with this fish when you drop fish feed into the sea, within a few minutes. Then you patiently lure it in inch by inch until it is within range of your fishing gear and in the zone of the seafoam. However the last time I sighted the Kahli was back in September last year. I even managed to catch several Zabri on a clam day at Cirkewwa during the summer months.

The last few times I went fishing for Kahli I did sight several small fishing jumping around like crazy and being followed by what looks like Imsel/Sawrel (big brown fish), could this be the reason why I am having problems?

I do manage to catch the odd Sparlu and Sorgu from time to time, but that is just about it.

Eagle

is this site being update I see post all the way back to 2012 but the latest i could find in in June 2020. Pity nobody seem to bother using this site. Or am i doing something wrong???

skip

Quote from: Eagle on July 14, 2020, 15:45:35 CET
is this site being update I see post all the way back to 2012 but the latest i could find in in June 2020. Pity nobody seem to bother using this site. Or am i doing something wrong???

Forum went very quiet these days - it's a good archive of information albeit out dated in some areas