• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

UPDATE.

Started by caldaland, June 30, 2014, 19:51:04 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

caldaland

ROGER...................But I prefer to be without a life...than get one at the expense of my friends!

The_Gaffer

Friend?.....with friends like you, who needs enemies
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

caldaland

Friend? ...I was not referring to you.

skip

Gents, please let's stick to the topic at hand which was a request for an update on what has been done over the past year.

Joe, having stumbled my way through the past 6 pages to try and get up to speed, I think it would be beneficial for all members and especially those who provided feedback to the proposed regulations last year, if you could update us on a few points.

- Has there been any tangible progress in the past year, but especially in 2014 on drafting of any new regulations.
- If there are any regulations in draft stage, are you able to post them for all to review and provide further feedback.
- When was the last time the fisheries board met to discuss recreational regulations.
- Do you know when the next meeting is and if so, have they provided you with a high level agenda.

I totally appreciate the lack of time issue and how between work and family there isn't much time left for other things, with the time spent on the fisheries board requiring extra commitment from your end, but as the sole representative of the MFF on the board, our members depend on you to keep them updated, as it's easy to miss some posts and as requested in this topic, I will work on setting up a read only area where Joe can place updates on the latest developments that affect recreational fishing in Malta, and the discussion of those updates can occur in a different post.

These should be available to view here: http://maltafishingforum.com/talk/index.php/board,65.0.html

caldaland

Good idea.....weldone.

benri

I don't know whether this is a coincidence or otherwise but the following has been posted on the Federation Website yesterday!

Quote....
The Federation would like to inform all recreational fishermen that the final draft of the suggested regulations for recreational fishermen drawn up by the sub-committee of the Fisheries Board, set up during the year 2012, were presented to the Fisheries Director in the middle of March 2013 so that it would eventually be discussed during the Fisheries Board meetings.

These draft suggested regulations were presented to the fisheries board during a meeting held at the beginning of July 2013, but inspite of the fact that the Federation's representative on the Board insisted that these regulations are put on the agenda several times, they were NEVER DISCUSSED and up to now the discussion has always been postponed to a future board meeting.

The discussion of these proposed regulations was on the Agenda of the Fisheries Board Meeting scheduled for the 2nd July 2014 but this same Fisheries Board Meeting has already been postponed four times (11th July 2014, 16th July 2014 and 23rd July 2014).

The Federation will be using this Forum to update all recreational fishermen when and if there are any new developments on these draft proposed regulations.

--
July 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I'd rather be fishing.....

benri

Where is this final draft? Can we have a copy please?
I'd rather be fishing.....

The_Gaffer

I guess the final draft the above text is referring to is one which way presented in a hurry before the election.  The MFF has put forwardd its proposals countering that final draft.  What is accurate is that since then, we have never had a discussion.
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

caldaland

No news is good news.

shanook

Joe, do we still keep bombarding you or what?

The_Gaffer

After careful consideration, and considering the various comments on this thread, beginning from page 1, I have decided to resign from my position as a member of the fisheries board.  
I am posting a copy of the email I sent to the Hon Parliamentary Secretary and the Director General Fisheries.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Hon. Parliamentary Secretary Galdes, Dr. Fenech Farrugia,

Recent events, and the way these recent events developed, forced me to rethink my position as a member of the Fisheries Board.  
As a consequence to this, I am forthwith resigning as a member of the Board of Fisheries with immediate effect.  This decision is final, and non reversible.

Thank you,
Joseph M Baldacchino MSc, DMS, CIM, FIAP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/