• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

klamari

Started by perla, September 29, 2008, 19:16:23 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

sirena

HI  all you need is an empty  glass bottle (like pago bottle but trans.  with lid) a hylogen bulb , china connector , silcone ,3 mtr flex wire crocodile clips and a smal car battery . that's it . it will cost you 10 euros probably less. ;D ;D

method:- :o

Punch the bottle lid , the with of the flex wire attach he china connector with the wire and the bulb .then put a small lead (paternoster)as a weight. before closing the bottle put silicone so to seal the ends ,(if you obtain a gromet it will be better but no worries) . obvoiusly at the far end attach the crokodile clips .
all you need i a thorn car battery  which can easly be obtained from a petrol statio or car elect.

regards

kevin
(sirena)
always want to fish.... why.... cos fun ux!!!

rammx

10x 4 the help sirena...will surely try it 8)

ciappinu

Good idea with the silicone, I will try it out.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

EmicMalta

or go to G&E Birkirkara, and ask for a water tight gromet according to the cabel used. Just 25c and is much better then silicone

Good idea how to make this type of light with no special costs. I saw it from a shop and it was somthing like 28euro

sirena

yes sir that's the price cos the first one i bought was LM15  :o :o and was mounted on a test tube which cracked on it's second day of work >:( >:(.

EmicMalta

yes i was speaking regarding that type, like a test tube. My dad use to use it from the boat but till now he hadnt had problems, but if it bracks, for sure will do 1 like this

sirena

IF  you will need any help  in building it up ,i can show you mine don't worry .....

Perla 165

umbad xtamel... twadaba il bahar dil bozza?
Perla 165 with Toyota 2.2 Litre = 70 bhp.

Frejgatina 13' with acme petrol/pitrolju 10hp.

Ghazel u Huw, Igdem u kuwl !!

LapsiBoy

Ma nahsibx, nahseb tamila bracket u tamila ftit il fuq mil lilma

MartinB

Quoteyes i was speaking regarding that type, like a test tube. My dad use to use it from the boat but till now he hadnt had problems, but if it bracks, for sure will do 1 like this
This is the best method of container! its like what the guys with the mrejkba use, its a plastic container in the shape of a test tube they mostly get them from jewllery shop's as apparently they are the containers that gold leaf/flakes are packaged.
Im not sure if all jewllery shops will have them but a few of the shops in rabat do as the owner has a jewllery factory too.
If you use these and an L.E.D. in them and seal the end with a grommet and/or silicone you can put them in the water no problems!  ;)
All you need is maybe to or 3 of them and you can run them through a peice of conduit & have them hanging down.If you run them off a small motorbike battery (l.e.d.s. don't waste much power you will have a good 9-10hrs of use)

EmicMalta

to use LED will be needed to be on a circuit. An LED doesn t accept 12V so need some type of circuit.

Yesterday I tried some spinning for Klamari from land. No sign

sirena

mela .yes the light will be submerged in water so to avoid heating it  up (thats why i use a weight ). regardind light duration with a vitz battery i usually do 7-8 hrs of light maybe 3 hrs in a row for 2 to 3 times . when i used a transit battery i did 6 hrs straight :o .(i small trick . isert foil on the side of the bottle so to focus the light into one direction ;))

spiru

yesterday me and ganni went for klamari with boat.caught few but stll early in season i think
fastfisher 17....yamaha 100detl

SPITEC

at least you caught a few!
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

MartinB

Quoteto use LED will be needed to be on a circuit. An LED doesn t accept 12V so need some type of circuit.
Yep emic youre right!!  :-[  i just checked my set up & i used 3 tubes with those slot bulbs like you find on a car's indicator side repeater. :)