• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

klamari

Started by perla, September 29, 2008, 19:16:23 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

perla

can any body help me , how i make the staff for chaching klamari.

LapsiBoy

From land or from boat ? if from land just use a regular fishing rod and reel and atach a clamari lure at the end (you can buy them from almost any fishing shop) that simple and cast out and slowly reel in. By boat you must prepare a paternoster rig with a lead at the bottom and instead of 2 hooks tie on 2 clamari lures

Perla 165

But what no. of nylon, how many hook can we put. any other info guys (from boat) 10x.
Perla 165 with Toyota 2.2 Litre = 70 bhp.

Frejgatina 13' with acme petrol/pitrolju 10hp.

Ghazel u Huw, Igdem u kuwl !!

LapsiBoy

As crapar (lures) i usualy put a traditional maltese lure which is a lead weight wrapped in white cloth an needles as usual and 2 other ''modern'' ones ontop..line size im not sure i use pink nylon very good!

perla

ghandi bzonn naqra ajnuna , kif se narma ghal klamari. mela lampa hu dajsa ghandi. ;D.halina mic cajt, andi lampa tal gas 4000 candel light.dawk tat truf xtrajtom, qisom bil labar. jkunu bojod. rigward xlif, xi hxuna pls. hu naqra il metodu jekk jogobkom.

(I need some help regarding fishing for Calamari: I have a lamp its 4000 candle power, I have the lures, what i need to know is thickness of line and the method to fish) shanook

LapsiBoy

Il metodu wassal il comba tal qih mal qih u erfaha qama min mal qih...u isu kull 4 sekondi ati skoss il harira il fuq. Meta ikollok clamar thoss ixx lif itqal

The method is to let the bottom lead hit the bottom and pull up 1 fatom of line...Then thug the line about every 4 seconds. When you hook up a quid you will feel it all heavier

shanook

This is for everyone those who are more comfortable to write in Maltese please start the topic in Maltese otherwise as Perla did he started it in English while he would have preferred to communicate in Maltese

reuben485

How far from shore do i have to go out for klamari?
and do i need to have an imersable light?
10X for the info guys
:)

bigboy

There is no need to go very far out. Up to 1nm would be enough. If you have a chartplotter try and stay close to ridges or reefs as those are the best places for klamari.

As for light jou do not need to have an immrisble light. If it is a full moon you do not have to use any light but if it is not a full moon then you have to set up a spotlight on the water preferabbly with a dimmer so when the squid approaches you reduce the light as squid does not really like light. The light is used to attract food for the squid.

reuben485

Thanks very much bigboy. Hope that we have some nice weather so that we can go and catch some.

shanook

if u keep the light on one side of the boat and u fish the other side its better so that u dont bother the Klamar.

bigboy

its a good idea aswell what shanook is saying.. Reuben485 which side of malta are you planning to start fishing for klamar ???? i am asking because the bahar ic caq area and off portomaso it is still early and you will be waisting time man ;)

spiru

why is it early to go in front of mizbla?usually at this time of the year i head out about 1 mile from st pauls tuna farm
fastfisher 17....yamaha 100detl

reuben485

I was thinking of that site of bahar ic chaq because usaully i use the slip of bahar ic chaq. is it better from gnejna?

redbus9

they are shore fishing for klamari by the side of the cavallieri hotel sliema in the dark with lights to attract them
If you can't eat it don't kill it.