• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

Facebook vs This Forum

Started by skip, January 10, 2021, 20:45:09 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

Over the past few years Facebook has taken over most people's lives, along with Instagram, Whatsapp and other social media channels. We've also observed a change in behavior where people no longer have time to post on forums, but nonetheless they remain a source of information, a store of knowledge that Facebook simply cannot compete with.

For the time being I will be leaving the forum active and running, although the look and feel is now quite outdated the level of effort to build a new updated forum outweighs the level of interest/utilisation.

Nonetheless I do encourage people to post once in a while and keep helping others learn about fishing. We all started somewhere and many have now advanced to being very very good recreational fisherman.

Wishing you all a safer and better 2021, Happy New Year.

Skip

Ruzett

Hi skip, just saw your message above. Agree with you 100%. This forum is a wealth of information and would be such a pity to lose. If it is involving expenses which cannot be sustained any longer, I suggest at least saving all the information in PDF format or something of the sort and made publicly available, such as on Facebook. I learned so much from here and I am sure future anglers would find all the information here very useful.

bahri

It is a tricky one and unfortunately social media sites will take over the bulletin board type sites - maybe you should consider a mirror FB channel?

skip

Quote from: bahri on February 13, 2021, 12:43:08 CET
It is a tricky one and unfortunately social media sites will take over the bulletin board type sites - maybe you should consider a mirror FB channel?

We have a Facebook Page - Malta Fishing Forum which we encourage people to use. It allows for posts, pictures, video etc.

malvizzu

I agree with Ruzett. I found a lot of information and help when I wanted to buy my boat and outboard. Even about type of fishing and fishing gear.  I also made a couple of friends which I'm still in contact with on FB.
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP