• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Night Fishing

Started by charlie, October 04, 2008, 14:08:39 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

can someone tell me what's the best bait for night fishing 'xkall' or 'hanex ta l-imperjal'

placebo

depends where you're fishing my friend. both are very good but it really depends on the type and where you will be fishing.

i prefer to use ckal in ports and imperjal in outer open seas. Although inports imperjal is also a good bait!

It also depends on how far out you'll be casting. Imperjal let you have longer casts without being hooked off!

the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

charlie

thanks friend i think i go for imperjal because it more easy to find buying it than xkall  and if i understood your advice the imperjal is your preference

placebo

i prefer ckal as i fish mainly inports with rods.

I only use imperjal when i decide to do long casts and leave the rod by it's own for some long time. In this case i target bigger fish!
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

maxxat75

l-imperjal is great... dough i prefere using a pice of suqid

bigboy

Squid is always squid maxxat ;) We catch those beauties on squid hehehe

maxxat75

Yepp... i think squid is one of the best tackles once it is fresh. :)

camkev

Did anyone try squid for beachcasting?I never tried it,always used hniex ta l-imperjal.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

Tatanka

Has anyone gone night fishing latley ? I am just back from abroad & wondered how has the weather been treating you the past 2 weeks. Hopefully will try tomorrow but all depends on the weather of course. i might have to end up in the Harbour.
Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu

charlie

go to the in shore fishing gallery and you will see very interesting photos about recent night fishing

Tatanka

Yes have just checked them out, seems to have been quite an active couple of weeks. It looks like there is alot of Imsell (garfish) around this year. Might give that a try tomorrow.

Tatanka

Is anyone able to tell me how the weather is up in the North. As looking at going fishing tonight & it looks a little bit rough still. It is meant to die down this evening but just wanted to check.

Tatanka

Spent a whole night yesterday , nothing special just 4 Sargi & a small morina but it was still good , plenty coffee too   :D Anyone else had a session yesterday night ? ( I mean fishing) Any luck!!!!

EmicMalta

My friends are spendin nearly every day night fishing. Not so bad. Last catch (thursday) 5.5kg sargi.

Tatanka

Can anyone advise if they are expiriancing the same as me in the South of Malta. I normally go fishing at about 10:00pm & starts of with a few bites but about midnight there is not on single bite untill 4:00am. just wondering if anyone is catching fish between midnight & 4:00am. Only asking so I will change my fishing times.