• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Going trolling Tuesday 7 October

Started by The_Gaffer, October 06, 2008, 08:06:08 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gaffer

Guys,
I know its short notice, but any of you interested in coming along tomorrow, I have 3 places left.  Plan is to troll West of Gozo some 15-20 miles out.  The Gaffer will be fully rigged using the 7 rod/lure spread. Estimated cost is 40 Euros per person.  We have practically a 2 hr trip before we start trolling.  Anyone interested either PM me or phone/msg me 79441203 by 7.00pm tonight.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

shanook

hey Joe Visa is going to be out there trolling with Poor catch and Busu will be out deep fishing and i will be with clara on filfla side deep fishing and trolling. happy fishing to all.
Joe dont forget to release any tuna or swordfish u catch ..................!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)P

Gazzetta

Good luck to all then and always be carefull with the weather !!  ;)

Chris  8)

Gazzetta

Take care of the weather, it was raining maybe an hour ago in the south and even thunders could be seen on the sea !!!

Chris  8)

clutch_kick

too much of a short notice :( .. i'm working ... would have loved to come.
Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

shanook

yep gazzetta, we got to B,Bugia and didnt bother to go out as it looked rough especially since we were going deep sea fishing. So its back to work man.........
dont know how the others are fairing. Poorcatch and Visa are out fishing (trolling) busumark is trolling close to shore as its sheltered on Gnejna side. The Gaffer i didnt hear from yet. Not sure what camkev did eiyther

skip

The Gaffer is West of Gozo outside territorial waters, and reports the weather is excellent and very calm. It was a bit rough this morning, but soon calmed down.

He was trolling for pelagic fish, but after several Lampuki strikes (over 1kgs) he switched to Lampuki for the time being.

shanook

Wind has picked up and is worse than in the morning........

rammx

we went to bbugia at 5.30 and the wind was quite strong and decided not to go out :( :( :( :(

skip

It was SE that's why Ramio it seemed worse in B'Bguia. Out on the West coast would have been alot calmer and even more West of Gozo due to the shelter from the island.

camkev

Went out this morning,sea wasn't that bad,but after a bit started picking up from SE.We decided to come back in  >:(   :(  Today it happened like last time,the wind was blowing from se and i could see the black clouds coming from the opposite side.As soon as i was at the pontoon it started raining cats and dogs....Took my wife and my dad with me today,but for nothing.Wonderful weather forecast variable force 2-3  ??? What the f.....
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

Kaptan Jr

We went out this morning from b'bugia but it was rather rough so we decided to stay trolling for trevally because they are catching a lot from B'bugia right now.
Katpan 15ft, Cuddy cabin and powered with twin 50hp TLDI Tohatsu outboard engines

shanook

did u catch any Kapt Jr. We were there but didnt bother it looked bad even from jetty, especially for depwater fishing.

spiru

me the same was going trolling kemmuna side and fil fliegu but too much bad weather.bad forcast for this week
fastfisher 17....yamaha 100detl

spiru

fastfisher 17....yamaha 100detl