• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

What can be caught with the Yo-zuri Crystal Minnow

Started by intermilan, October 06, 2008, 10:42:29 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

intermilan

Can somebody please explain what species can be caught with the Crystal Minnow. And the method to use the lure.

Aab131

Once I caught a Sawrella ta Imperjal but some ppl on the forum use them quite effectively when trolling with boat. Also a friend of mine caught the occasional Cerivjola with them.

Tatanka

When fishing with a crystal minnow, make a cast to actively feeding fish, fry pods, points, sandbars or other forms of cover and structure. Point your rod tip towards the water and use your wrists in a downward snapping motion to work the bait. Use the reel to retrieve slack line, but use your wrists and rod to provide action to the bait. Do not simply wind the reel handle to retrieve the lure. Allow the crystal minnow to dart and dance from two-to-five feet below the surface  one that works especially well when using a chrome colored lure during times of bright skies yielding maximum reflection.  ;) Hope this helps. with regards to what type of fish you can catch mainly ideal for Bass but they are good for all predator type fish. If you use them off the boat trolling even Tuna is caught on them. Which type do you have ? Is it the floating one or the deep diver one.  
Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu

intermilan

The floating one, I basically fish in the Cirkewwa - Marfa area, from land. The Marfa area goes form deep to shallow, but Cirkewwa is really deep. So I got the floating one.

Robert

This thread made me realise I have a red-head crystal minnow I can use - think mine is a floater too. Never used it at all. Would cudas take it?
Man will never be able to stop time but he can get very close by freediving.

intermilan

From what I have been reading on this forum, probably they would

camkev

Intermilan,did you ever try casting with yozuri pinns minnow?They swim in a different way.And it's jack of all trade 8) What do you think bigboy? ???
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

bigboy

If possible id take the pinns minnow in bed with me :)

camkev

Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

bigboy

hahahaha nice joke pffffffttttttt.....................[imbad nejdlek lilek taaaaaaaa]

kris

yes camkev i agree with you haha maybe bigboy will catch something loool :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D ;D
15ft Marino Atom 450 Powered by Tohatsu 30hp 4-stroke Fuel Injection

28ft Luzzu Powered by Twin 45 Hp Perkins