• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Lots of Imsell jumping and deep diving lures

Started by intermilan, October 08, 2008, 09:20:57 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

intermilan

This morning went to Cirkewwa to fish, maybe thought would be lucky trying some spinning there. Anyways I went a bit late at 8am, should of wend earlier the weather was nice. I noticed alot of imsell jumping, it was a nice sight to see, but does that mean there is a big fish in the area or is that the way they go about?

As well I noticed as well when I tried certain lures that go to a lower depth I saw some nice fish coming for it, but as I said it was a bit late in the morning so I had no bites :-\. But are the lures that are not really surface lures good as well?

charlie

probably there was a bigger fish trying to catch them

maxxat75

l-imsel jek kien @ jaqbez aktarx jew kien qed jira min hut zaghir jew kien em xi hut naqa kbar

Jekk kien qed jirgha min hut zghir ghabli ma imisekx

Translation :

If you see garfish jumping out of the water means that they are either chasing smaller fish or they are chased by bigger ones.

Usually when they don't strike you while hunting or being hunted.

intermilan

I did not want to catch Imsell, I just wanted to know if I should cast in that location when they are jumping. I was trying to go for something bigger. But I understand now.

SPITEC

When imsell are jumping in a shoal usually something is running after them and when a predator has lots of live fish to eat usually they don,t take artificial lures that easy.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

intermilan

I must agree with you Spitec as I tried casting a bit further away and reeled in in a close range of them jumping, but nothing :-\

snapper

I experienced the same situation a week ago...while spinning saw a big shoal of garfish jumping out of the sea several times very close to me. I threw the lure exactely where the big fish was supposed to be but he ignored the lure. I was fishing at Qbajjar at 4:00 pm.

intermilan

I tell you at that moment you go crazy as you know something big is there but you cant do nothing about it :P

camkev

Last friday we saw a lot of fish jumping very close to shore,we tried spinning but nothing,dont know what they were.My friends told me that they are cudas feeding.We couldn't see them properly. ??? :o
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

intermilan

Probably there was something there but I guess it had enough food ;). They wanted the real thing

camkev

Dont know if they were the bait or the predators :-\
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

maxxat75

last friday while i was fishing with my friend (a biginer) for vopi with him at Bugibba's Port loads of imsell came round. Very small but a great number.