• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Klamari mill- art

Started by pajsan, October 11, 2008, 10:14:14 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

robby017

ija? Ahseb hekk haha lol, ghidlu lapsiboy
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

SPITEC

Kemm sejrin zball,il-klamar tfittxu u tistinka trid.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

robby017

u mela!!!!!!!!!!! gejjin bma'hawnx!!!
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

caldaland

fil-qiegh il-klamar is-sena kollha ssibu pero biex taqbdu trid pacenzja ta Job w armar tajjeb!

kennethb

hawn minn qabad xi wiehed minn fuq l-art dal-weekend? jien xejn, brodu s'issa....

nahseb li l-bahar ghadu shun wisq jien xthasbu?

placebo

Klamari are being fished good this year from boats so far. We have been catching them from September in our areas. Soon they be close to land but so far I have never figured out the reason behind why the clamar keeps that far from land and could be caught from late November by land spinning and other techniques.

Also strange is the way the klamar spreads around the island. First the clamar is caught Birzebbuga and Zurrieq areas that is late September ... then later is caught Valletta and Sliema areas. Not informed about the time they start catching in West coast from Dingli upwards.

So far from land I have only managed small ones but we'll see .... It gets better from now onwards.
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

LapsiBoy

On west coast they catch all year but the best time is from now on.

daniel

lejn liem bajja fil west ghax jien ha mmur l-ewwel darba ;)

LapsiBoy

albatros

Lapsi Boy the name itself tells you were,

Is this common sense or misleading.

LapsiBoy

It's called finding your personal spots, trough trial and error maybe ;)

annati 11

clutch_kick

I noticed that a lot of people use telescopic rods.  Is there any particular reason for this, or just because they are very portable?

Almost all dedicated squid rods come in 2 pieces, when i did a search on the net. From my experience with spinning, two peice or even better one piece rods offer better casting and much better rod performance.
Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

shanook

yes its true but its more convenient to carry a telescopic one to a one piece rod. I dont think it makes that much difference when fishing for Klamari

placebo

Everything goes with budgets nowadays! The fishing tackle industry is moving towards a specific rod for every specific method .... but does the people afford such things?

Why do you have to pay so much euros for a one or two piece squid jig rod when you can easily do the job with a simple telescopic?

Another good thing to do before getting your new squid rod is to check the rod lifting capability .... most places in which we do shore squid jigging are a bit high above sea level and not always advisable to use landing nets when fishing such areas. You have to lift the 1kg squids !!!!!!
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing