• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Hey you all send us any questions u may have

Started by fin, July 10, 2006, 11:54:31 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

fin

For all you starter fishers, this is your section remember we have all the advice you need for any type of fishing you may want to start off with, so lets hear all your queries!

FIN
Lets put MALTA on the map with our fishing knowledge.

kenneth

Hello, I am Kenneth and I really enjoy fishing, i have gone fishing with my father since i was young but all we used to catch were small fish from the shore, and maybe some bigger fish with the reel, now we would like to try new places were to fish and catch bigger and more challinging fish, we do not use a boat we fish from the shore. Any one can help me on this query please, tanks in advance.  :D
If one fails, no need to worry keep trying until you succeed

skip

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome to the forum. Check out the inshore fishing areas of the forum as this discusses the type of fishing you are into. I am sure plenty will help you there.

Regards,

Skip

teosbc

ciappinu

A forka is a Small square (normally about 8x8cm) floating rectangle made of geblo or cork, with 2 or more hooks attached to it on a short line. Basically the trick is to attach 2 small blocks of bread to the hooks and let the forka float on its own. Kahli will then attack the bread, and get caught to the forka. You then chase the forka with the boat. Ocasionally, you don't see the forka anymore......or maybe you see it running under the boat.

The most important thing is that there is no line in the water. Kahli in my opinion is the most intelliget fish out there. If they see a line, they won't bite.

Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

givella

Teosbe - If you don't mind I will use your post to ask Ciappinu some  questions on same subject.

1) Should the bread be died bread?
2) What size of line should be used?
3) What size of hook.

This is also new to me and it sound rather interesting.

Thanks

ciappinu

1) I like to use something between dry and not.

2) 30mm should be ok

3) With regards to hooks, I'm not an expert in sizes. I think it's a size 10 though.

I personally use a different technique where I have 6 or 8 hooks and I place the forka on top of a sandwich. Then all the hooks go in the sides of the sandwich. I'll try and take a picture so you can understand it better.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

givella

A picture would surely help.
Thanks Ciappinu.

Teosbe, this should be interesting for you as well ;)
Cheers

jiggy

hi,
can anyone post a photo of how to do an imrejkba?any info about it will be great guys.
thanks
bahri 9.9 jhonson
little as a cat but tough as a rat!