• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

What's this FISH ??!

Started by Attila, December 07, 2008, 21:54:49 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

HI PPL,

can anyone tell me what's this fish ??! I caught it this morning and its length was 40cm and weighing around 400g.

Thanks !!

LapsiBoy

That is a lizard fish (Skalm) my friend..There are lots around at the moment.

Attila

Thanks lapsi boy !! you are always so helpfull !! DO you know if it's good for eating ?!?!!  ;D

Simon G

yes they are good to eat but are a bit boney
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

noztheviking

Nice fish but its got a mouth like my mother in law HA HA HA WHAT  BAIT DID YOU USE TO CATCH IT

Attila

Hi Noztheviking .... nothing special buddy, just korean worms with a paternoster rig !! :)

fish-noob

Just caught one of these some 3 hours ago, went spinning with owenbullu, and this "thing" attacked my lure and apparently found some hole and went inside it. I thought it was an octo for a moment, so decided to wait it out, it took some line and then stopped for like 10minutes. Then I pulled like crazy and this came up. I personally mistook it for a sawt and my friend told me it could be poisonous, so he gave me a pair of gloves and I threw it back in the water...... My first every "anything" caught while spinning....... sniff

Ddude

Attila ... what hook size do you use to catch a fish of that size?

Attila

Quote from: Ddude on February 22, 2009, 10:49:10 CET
Attila ... what hook size do you use to catch a fish of that size?

Ddude I used a size 7 If i'm not mistaken ... mind you, it's not really good for eating, a lot of small bones !! ;D