• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

GOOD FISHING SPOTS IN THE SOUTH

Started by Attila, December 30, 2008, 10:07:58 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Hi Guys !!

any ideas about which fishing spots in the south are good at this time of the year?

Thanks for your help !! :)

Freeman

mike.d.

very quiet around marsaxlokk, if its any help.

Attila

Nothing in particular freeman, just some nice sized fish. I normally use paternoster rig.

charlie

From Xghajra to M Scala is like a desert  these days

Attila

Thanks charlie, as a matter of fact i didn't catch anything decent from M'Scala lately ..... in fact to say it's a desert, it's being very generous on the area !! ;D

Derbio

Hi, sejjer 4 ijiem ghawdex..hawn xi hadd jista jghidli fejn nista mmur nistghad.. forsi naqbad xi haga ghax xbajt indur u nghaqad!

thanks

fishfinder

HI Derbio, why don't you try l-qbajjar it's very good for fishing there.
Kaptan Leisure with Suzuki DF115 4 stroke

Aab131

Also u can try at night the mgarr habour. Some nice sized ckall or hanex ta l-imperjal and u have a good chance.

Tatanka

Quote from: Attila on December 30, 2008, 18:15:22 CET
Thanks charlie, as a matter of fact i didn't catch anything decent from M'Scala lately ..... in fact to say it's a desert, it's being very generous on the area !! ;D
Especially these last 3 weeks there have been nets from near the church all the way upto Zonqor point & then from the Ex Jerma palace all the way to the breakwater. I mean not once a week , Every single day. We just do not have anything to look forward too in M'Scala any more. 
Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu

Derbio

Thanks alot for the help fishfinder and Aab131... I ve been many times fishing at qbajjar but i wanted somewhere new... though never tried imgarr harbour.. ill try there then too.
Thanks alot :)

mike.d.

just had a walk from zoncor to zabbar, lots of people fishing, no one catching.

Aab131

Like today when the sea is calming down on the Zorqor side they fish quite alot for xilep.  But as Tatanka said lately they have been throwiung pariti inside the bay. To a catch some nice fish nowadays from Mscala is quite rare. U need to have a tender and stay in the middle of the bay amongst the buoys to find something

Diplodus Sargus

I can comfirm what tatanka is saying. At this time of the year you mite have find a decent sargu or sparlu near jerma.....but nowadays the only thing you will find are those arrogant fisherman who every single day throw thier nets in the area. In fact i lost interest in that area.  Once i went early in the morning with the hope of finding a nice sargu and not even a bite. Then after some time came one guy in the morning with a small boat picking up his nets from one point to another......the mistery why there weren't any fish was solved!
Sargu imperjali

Attila

I really do agree with you guys about how m'scala has become nowadays for fishing !!! Any ideas about somewere in the sothern part were one fish without these pariti problems ??!!