• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Great Web Site

Started by Essexdave, July 27, 2008, 22:10:58 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Essexdave

Hello there all,
I am new to this site and thought I would leave a post.
I am Maltese and live in the UK. I have a small place in St PaulsBay and visit Malta three or four times a year.
I have several fishing rods here , One Boat rod, one uptide caster and one beach caster and a few reels. I use to fish a lot in Dover and other venues around the Kent and Sussex coasts but I have not fished much now for several years.
I have taken a small light rod and reel to Malta amd have been seen drowning a few gambli off the pier near the Gilleru but not with any luck.
I would love to meet someone in Malta when I am there and do some serious fishing but I dont know anyone with a boat and I do not believe that shore fishing is as productive although I have seen some nice vopi and sargi being caught by people who know what they are doing.
I will be in Malta again for about ten days from 11/09/2008 and if anyone reading this would be happy taking me on a boat fishing trip I would be pleased to pay towards the costs and learn more about the skills required to fish in the local waters.
I think this is a great web site and very informative and wish to thank the people responsible for a very professional and helpful web site.
Thanks
Regards
Dave Calleja

EmicMalta

hey Dave, wellcome in this forum. Sure here is a lot of guys that can help you.

skip

Dave, welcome to the forum, I recommend that closer to the time maybe a few days before you come down you re-check to see who is going out and will have spaces. Lampuki season would have just started and if one goes out a bit you might also find some bluefin

The_Gaffer

Welcome to the forum Dave. The period you mentioned will definitely be lampuki season, and also BFT in the 10 to to 15 kgs range. His season I shall have my own FADs for Lampuki, so I will surely be out for them. Also, I am planning some serious trolling trips for BFT. As skip said, check out the forum in the coming weeks, surely we'll be able to arrange a fishing trip or two.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Essexdave

Thanks guys, that sounds very promising. I shall definately be checking this site about a week before I fly out and I shall bring a slightly heavier fishing outfit with me to maybe take advantage of your kind offers.
I can't wait.
Till then tight lines and look forward to meeting a few of you.
Dave