• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Bazuk

Started by anglers, January 18, 2009, 18:31:17 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

anglers

Hey guys !!! I need some help. I got fed up of going fishing for nothing and really would love to go fishing down near filfla for Bazuk. I have only one problem, I don't know a good fishing spot. Any help?? I would also glad to take someone out fishing with me as long as we get some fish on board. Thanks...

shanook

Anglers a couple of miles off filfla in the 240mtr range and u are fishing for bazuk. The bottom is rocky there and the chances of getting stuck to bottom are very high. So take some extra rigs with u.
Its a hit and miss thing. Amazingly enough if you catch and mark it on Gps it doesnt mean that you will always catch from there. there are times when a productive place goes barren and another time its starts to fish again.

anglers

Shanook, thanks for the info. will try it out if I get the chance.

shanook

u onto electric reels. Which one u have

kurtfalcon

Hey guys lately I ve been hearing stories about these bazuk and how you catch them. Could you please be kind enough and  post a picture of a bazuka or give me a link to a picture so that I can see what it looks like. 10q ppl
#1 on the water ---kurtfalcon--- #1 on the water

Freeman

There should be some pictures in the gallery section but you'r basically looking at a nice pagella with big eyes

kurtfalcon

10q freeman for your responce. Could you post a link if you find them please?

ganni

@ shanook are you referring to the W coast of filfla i.e. some distance further out in a westward direction?? i taught it was deeper that far out on that side!!
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

Freeman

shanook

ganni  if u fish on the inside of second drop  it is about that deep....

ganni

i had a look at my gps shanook and its just like you said!! however it says that the bottom is sandy or muddy with only few rocks!! maybe the data is inaccurate

LapsiBoy

I think so gann, Because whenever we haul longlines there we get stuck every minute lol!

shanook

You have to try to believe........yes gann even on mine it says mud BUT with the nets, long lines and cimi of dorado fads that are down there combined with the rocks u get stuck often. The good thing is that u might get a bazuka there, because if the lines dont get stuck, the bottom would be riddled with longlines and we wont find a fish to catch.

ganni

kurtfalcon

10q for showing me the picture freeman