• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Jigging from boat

Started by ramio, January 26, 2009, 20:30:41 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

ramio

Nick I bought my rod from MrFish cost me about 60euros (200g) Reel for the time being I'm using an old Olimpic casting reel I had. It's a bit heavy compared with the new reels, but 10 times stronger, and drag is a lot better.
Can't wait to go fishing

spiru

tomorrow me,ganni and fastangler going jigging for the first time.any one doing jigging with success?
fastfisher 17....yamaha 100detl

Freeman

tell us how it goes spiru and good luck.

spiru

yes i will.we are equipped very well with shimano jigging reels; navi,saragosa and even shimano stella,but we have to find fish first of all and also learning how to jig.we only have some ideas from dvds that we watched.

bigboy

gl boys ;) Which areas will you be trying ???? Try close to drop offs

spiru

we will see tomorrow but i think i will go to gozo areas but still not sure.i have a good fish finder but this fishing is all new to us and we will troll for the first 2 hours after sunrise

spiru

HI Guys today it was our first jigging trip and i managed to catch an amberjack of 10  kg from a depth of 70metres.only 10 kilos which is relatevely small for this type of fish but i can tell you it was very powerfull.

bigboy

A big well done boys ;) Well done spiru :)

You christened your gear with a beautiful aj :)

benri

Very well done Spiru & team! Success on your first outing!
I'd rather be fishing.....

neville

good job my friend viva iljigging
silver craft 395

Jonathan

Great catch guys - would love to hear any more info on this fishing experience which you might wish to share. Some questions which would pop to my mind as a person who never jigged but who is somewhat curious on this method of fishing are:
- How long did you spend jigging till you got this strike?
- How many rods in the water & how did you set up?
- Any other misses before/after this?
Insomma well done guys and keep us posted with your future catches! :)
---- www.BoatLinkMalta.com ----
The Website For 2nd Hand Boats

spiru

we caught it after about 2 hours jigging but not continuosly as we got a bit tired.we where fishing with 3 rods but different jigs.yes i had another bite but the fish was not hooked probable it only bit the jig but not the hook.i was n 70 meters deep and it was hooked at the very bottom.

ramio

Well done guys. As I thought, the topic is getting interesting. It looks like this type of fishing requires patience, long time at it, and very strong arms!! Keep us updated on any new experiences. I'm looking forward to having a serious go at it next season.
Can't wait to go fishing

ganni

it was such a great day and with a great reward  :) come on SPIRU BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ id drag lol
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

rob1974

Well done guys!!

Any further details like jig type and weight, line class, short or long jerk, fast/slow jerk etc etc

Rob