• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Fishermen in the UK join forces against EU rules

Started by Tatanka, January 30, 2009, 13:05:18 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatanka

Here is another one which is a good example of what it means for all the anglers to join together & hopefully can get thier say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/4241330/Fishermen-join-forces-against-EU-rules.html
Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu

craus

you're right
but unfortunately in malta we have a habit of complaining alot and hardly ever take a stand on anything.
another obvious example that affects all of usare the utility bills, everyone complains about the bills but has anybody actually done something constructive about it.NOOOO!!!
Call me a pessimist but unfortunately I"m already counting on the fact that this summer I'm gonna have to pay a rod license.
this issue as far as the maltese are concerned has already passed because, a) the majority of maltese people especially alot of anglers have no idea that this is going to a vote in april. So the Joe Borg will go to the meeting without a care in the world, probably pass the motion and then come back to malta and shock each and every person when it's put on the news that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has/will ever touch hook or net to water will have to pay an annual fee.

Whats really gonna  be amusing is how the authorities in malta are gonna control this. Illegal hunting and trapping is hard enough to control, but fishing, as if!!!
Imagine the the police/wardens on a Sunday patrolling the coast from msida to st julians and stopping every one for their license and checking their catches. What fun!!! I can honestly envision a few cops and wardens going for a swim or having a rod shoved  in very tight hole. Imagine trying to tell all the pole fisherman on the gzira front to throw away all the tiny little fishfingers that they catch  and then try and give them a ticket.lol :o ;D ;D

Destination Sea

Well whats next.. forget it EU fisheries. I will join the UK fishing force if they need more support.
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

Tatanka

Not sure if this kind of information intrests you, but just taught that some of you might want to know what is happening within the EU regards to fishing etc...hoping it would not effect us to later on as the EU is meant to be one rule for all. Which so far it doesn't work like that yet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/4318992/EU-plan-to-restrict-hobby-anglers-challenged.html

Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu