• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

AWRAT go M'SCALA

Started by Attila, February 09, 2009, 11:32:41 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Hi Guys,

I don't know if anyone noticed, but this weekend there were a lot of anglers trying to catch Awrat in M'Scala .... exactly infront of Grabiel & Summer nights to be exact (hope i'm not doing a free ad to these establishments !!) I think I saw about 15 doing their best to catch something.

Apparently on Thursday morning someone spotted awrat in that area.... however as usual the "famous" fishermen with pariti were there first to catch what came in m'scala harbour >:(. The funny and more frustrating thing was that few meters away from these anglers there were the fishermen which used pariti selling Awrat to passers by !!! With policemen passing by and do nothing about it !! ??? :o

As Manuel Dimech once said about the Maltese : "Ifirhu dejjem la intom bhejjem" !!

EmicMalta

naf min qaba qabdiet tajba u mort nati itwijla. Owmt il bajja ollha u wahda biss sibt. Zgur gabruwom kollha.

Imma il bierah regaw cempluwli u morna natu titwijla u 5 sajjieda biss rajna jistaduwom

mulett75

There seems to be some awrat running around our shores. Ther were some catches of this spieces from Sliema, Gzira and even around the Grand Harbour.

matrix

Sa fejn naf jien ma hemm xejn ghax dawwar kollox wiehed jghidulu ta L-Indjan ghal min jafu, dardara bajja, dejjem idawwar il hut u jitfa il parit gol bajja!

Issa jekk rega harbu xi naqa ili gimgha ma ninzel nistad hemm.

Aab131

It's true they were catching that occasional awrata for the last 15 days. If one wants to try his luck he can do so but they have been throwing the pariti now everyday, a whole disgrace. To say everything there are more rods trying their luck everyday than awrat in the whole bay. ;) Myself I didn't even try, not worth the hassle because if u catch one for sure in 1min u will find 10 ppl fishing near u almost placing their float on urs.

Tatanka

Yes there was people fishing in Marsascala this morning. A couple of anglers were catching one every now & then. I did not fish just looked & asked them with regards to bites & catches. They all answered with a swear word first  :o & commented on the usuall problem nets being thrown in the bay.

Here they are all waiting for the left overs. :-\
Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu

Arti2

A guy threw his nets and the police as far as I got the info right went to talk to him.
Maltese to English Names visit www.renotonna.yolasite.com

Tatanka

Quote from: Arti2 on February 12, 2009, 10:08:02 CET
A guy threw his nets and the police as far as I got the info right went to talk to him.
Went down to the bay again this morning , not fishing but just looking at the anglers & having conversations. I asked if there was any sightings of police this week & they replied, yes that 4 days ago they were all fishing for Awrat & there came along a small boat 12ft and started to drop nets from one side to the bay to another in broad daylight. At least that was his intention due to the ammount of net he had on his boat & a policeman called him to gather his fishing nets & fish were appropiate & mentioned that he was not allowed to use nets in Bays. So it looks like the police are being told what the regulations are. ;) 

Arti2

Thats something for a change.
Maltese to English Names visit www.renotonna.yolasite.com

fish-noob

Quote from: Tatanka on February 12, 2009, 16:00:56 CET
Quote from: Arti2 on February 12, 2009, 10:08:02 CET
Went down to the bay again this morning , not fishing but just looking at the anglers & having conversations. I asked if there was any sightings of police this week & they replied, yes that 4 days ago they were all fishing
for Awrat & there came along a small boat 12ft and started to drop nets from one side to the bay to another in broad daylight. At least that was his intention due to the ammount of net he had on his boat & a policeman called him to gather his fishing nets & fish were appropiate & mentioned that he was not allowed to use nets in Bays. So it looks like the police are being told what the regulations are. ;) 

You, Sir - have made my day :D :)

LapsiBoy

fishfinder

;D ;D ;D at last we have a good news
Kaptan Leisure with Suzuki DF115 4 stroke

Tatanka

This whole week there has been the odd one being caught but nothing special. The usuall 6/9 anglers and an average of 2 each.

kempy

happy to hear it just hope it lasts and its not just some new fad that wears off after 1 month
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office

A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,doesn't know what a patient man she married

fishreason

yipppplllyyyyyyyy!!!! qbadt l ewwel awrat ta hajti lum :-)