• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Extreme fishing

Started by noztheviking, February 28, 2009, 18:28:31 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

noztheviking

Hi Have any of you seen any of the TV programmes called Extreme fishing with Robson Greene. they have just started a brand new series on channel 5

MartinB

Brilliant fishing show!!
Even though i only saw the one episode (1st episode of series 1) whilst holidaying at my sisters in the U.K. last aug/sep..it was the episode where he went to costa rica to try catch a sailfish & then went river fishing with that crazy fishing club who put on life jackets and float down-stream troling lines behind them...catching machacha a relative of the piranha!!  ::) :o  ;D

noztheviking

Hi yes completely crazy including the guy that presents it.All the angling press here in the UK absolutely slated the programme just because they picked a television actor to front the show and he was a little bit over the top when he got excited with the fish he caught.But then who would not get a bit ott if they had the opportunities to catch the fish that he caught!!!!!! Ithink if some kind soul came along and said that I could go to the places He went and caught the fish he caught that I would be a little bit happy.Mind you shooting large carp with a compound bow and arrow and a 12 gauge shotgun might be construed by some people as going a bit to far HA HA HA Well i wil be recording the new series onto DVD and will bring it with me when Icome back to Malta in May so if any of you want to watch some completely mad extreme fishing let me know and you can borrow it. NOZTHEVIKING

Freeman

Looks interesting, I'm downloading now but i can only seem to find series 1 up to episode 4, is that all or there are more ?

MartinB

Hi Noztheviking,
Im in agreement with you! if someone took me along to those places & a chance at catching those fish OTT would be an understatement..id go F****ing ballastic  ;D
and anyone who is nuts enough to jump in a river with a lifejacket and troll for piranha to get his fishing session fix is ok in my book  ;) ;D
I didn't see the episode where he shot carp with a compound bow & shotgun but i do know that in australia the common carp is considered a pest (it has taken over the major rivers and croweded out the indigionous species) and if you happen to catch one whilst fishing you are legally required to kill it & there is a hefty fine if you are caught re-releasing one!!
A couple of my uncles over in oz are avid hunters & when they go duck/upland hunting they nearly always end up shooting a few massive carp milling around on the surface (as do alot of hunters) whilst moving from one spot to another  :o ;D

noztheviking

Hi freeman i think there were 6 episodes in the first series and from what I  can gather there are going to be 6 in this series As I said in my post Iam recording this series on DVD so if you cant get it I will bring it over with me when I come in MAY,

Freeman

Well I found 4 episodes, and watched them all, in the 4th one he cought the marlin he stated " What a wondefull way to end my adventure"  so I would assume that was all. Nowadays we find whatever we want on the net so no need for a copy :) but if u want a copy of the first season I would me more than glad to burn a dvd for you.