• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

should i just give up? lol

Started by loki, April 08, 2009, 13:11:57 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

loki

Ello again everyone. :)

well this little toilets been out fishing alot over the last couple of weeks (looking for work seems to give me alot of spare time hehe)
and so far my whole catch count is...4 small anchoves and 1 very small rainbow wrass...

i have been fishing everwhere between tax biex and the point where sliema sticks out into the sea. now ive tried using both rag worm and frozen shrimp and tried bottem fishing (thanks for telling me how, think ive got ok at that now) and using a float.

can anyone help???
Is it just the wrong season or what? lol

oh and if someone could tell me two other things..
how do i make dough bait (as buying worms get pricy when your unemployed)
and what the hell is a pater noster? i know the non fishing meaning as i pray everytime i cast the line but other than that? hehe

Thanks again everyone and again if any of you are ever over this way give me a shout and ill buy  you a drink whilst i bury you in questions :)

regards,
Pete

bmamo

what size hooks are you using for bottom fishing?
Il-Kaptaaaan bil-piiiipa f'halquuuu

camkev

@loki..if you want we can meet up for an hour and show you a few trick...even how you fish with bread..i livv in san gwann if you want to meet up.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

loki

@bmamo  Im using hook number 7 with a 25gr float and 5/8 weight (this that was the weight size anyway)

sorry forgot to say as well even though im sure you all guessed. im only shore fishing.

@camkev - sure that would be great if you like mate ill meet you down at one of the bars on the strand sometime then i can bring my rob etc as well if you want or just have a drink and a chat :)

camkev

Do have a car?Cause we could meet at san gwann cause i have everything there and its a better place to work,if not dont worry i will meet you somewhere :D :)

loki

sadly i dont have a car :( if theres a bus stop close to you though i could come out if you like or as you say meet up some place else :)
P.s. mind if my girl friend comes as well? forgot to say but the hugh total of 5 fish we have cought was both of us fishing together lol

camkev

No problem for me,will let you know later on.

bmamo

hook 7 is a bit big for shore fishing i think. try to start off with a size 10 or 12 until you get the hang of what's going on underwater where you're fishing. remember though.. catch and release so as to keep it a sport!
Il-Kaptaaaan bil-piiiipa f'halquuuu

loki

thanks for the advice on the hooks mate ill try that next time i go out :)

@camkev - just drop me a pm any time you want to meet up mate :)

robby017

Better use no.9 , lots of small fish would still swollow this size deep down and you can forget about realising them as they would die. My style of bottom fishing is a fixed weight directly with the main line's swivel (main line diameter is 0.12mm braid) and then, from the weight a line is attached, circa 1.5feet, preferably 0.16mm or 0.18mm flourocarbon line. and a size 7 'owner' hook. With this method you'll catch both big and small, my biggest was a bream (Sargu) of circa 600g using this method. Best bait are the ragworms (known in Malta as tal Korea) and is suitable for both day and night fishing.... Keep a net handy, I often use it  ;)
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

Tatanka

Loki never give up on fishing my man , You have good catches some day & sometimes nothing but that is fishing. I am sure you will be avble to pick up some tips off this forum as everyone likes to help each other.  ;)
Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu

loki

thanks guys :)

just starting to give up hope here as iv been out fishing aloot and most times i havent even got one fish hehe

noztheviking

LOKI never give up on fishing if its in your blood it will always be there calling you to pick up your rod and go fishing,its easier to give up smoking ,drinking, and women, than it is to try and give up the holy grail that is fishing believe me I have tried many times to give up the fishing but have failed misrably, only to go out and buy myself a nice new shiny rod and reel just to calm down those dreadful withdraweral syptoms now Ijust dont bother about going and not catching any fish I am just thankful Ican go out and enjoy the fresh air and the extremely good company of other fishermen out there. of course it makes it a whole lot better to catch a fish or two or three or four. So just hang on in their and listen to others who know what they are doing and the fish will come

camkev

When can you come up to san gwann loki?i work till 6pm this week.

PK47

LOKI dont give up its not the first time that i go and catch nothing, its like playing bingo u dont know if its ur day or not but the most important thing is that u go and relax and maybe a bicca hobz bi-zejt (Maltese ftira)