• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

help please!!!

Started by craus, April 19, 2009, 13:23:39 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

craus

Does anybody actually practice fly fishing here in malta regularly?
If so this is for you....

I own an air flow fly rod with a 9 weight, floating, even diameter line that i brought over from the UK a very long time ago and I've used it there to catch trout,pike and so on in freshwater.

I tried to use it a couple of times here in malta from the coast but gave up on the idea because of all the comments I got from maltese people who either thought they were experts on the subject ( but didn't have a clue) or just silly pollacks that thought it would be good to criticize and generally w@*kers that have no idea or have any imagination.

Is there any hope for this kind of fishing here in malta? If so what, where, how?

What flies/lures do you use. Is my line good? What fish and so on?

All the help I can get would be appreciated otherwise my beloved rod will have to stay in storage gathering dust until my next holiday abroad fishing.

I've done a bit of fly fishing ( I'm no expert mind you) abroad and I can tell all those who haven't for a fact that it is the most satisfying type of fishing around apart from big game with a rod.

Please someone help me....... Otherwise you might find my gear in the for sale section of this site (NOT!!)

bigboy

Craus i beleive that SimonG is into flyfishing so he can help you out :)

mulett75

I do not have any expierience in fly fishing, But I can make these cooments. First the best times for trying the fly fishing is during September. At this time one can see boiling water with fish especiall with the CERVJOL. I also know that fly fishing was tried with success on LAMPUKI. Fly fishing can be used for KAHLI when one can see the dropping in the see of those ants with wings.
So I suugest that you be patiened and wait for the right time

cityfish

Boq! I never saw someone using that method in Malta. I think what Mulett75 said makes sense. It would be interesting to adapt this Method in Malta.

blueskip

I used small mylar bodied lures last year & caught small bream on a sinking line, & I caught mullet on a white bodied nymph on a floating line, I am sure that garfish will take a lure, & this year I am bringing out some Clouser Minnows which I think will attract barracuda & lampuki. ;)
Blueskip