• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Sea polluters soon to be fined

Started by markcam, May 08, 2009, 08:13:59 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gaffer

And who will enforce?....the authorities?...They are the  polluters of the sea with drainage overflows. Just take at look at Grand harbour
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

SPNOTTA

What about the P1 activity? I am sure no EIA was conducted...otherwise it wouldn't have been held so close to shores and in harbours.

charlie

I hope something will be done the pollution is the main problem regarding the decrease of fish near the shores.

robby017

QuoteI hope something will be done the pollution is the main problem regarding the decrease of fish near the shores.

In my opinion its trammel nets that are drasticly reducing the fish near our coasts... i'm not saying there isn't any pollution going on,,, but lets face it, many are those who go fish from were drainage comes out (e.g. Popeye Village and Xahjra) I assume the number of fish is crowdier in these polluted areas.

However, i'm glad polluters will be actually charged for their actions as at the end of the day pollution is (i) unhealthy for us and the flora and fauna found below and above the sea level and (ii) its quite an eyesore.... But as i mentioned before... fish near our shores are reducing because of the abuse of using trammel nets. End of Story!!!! Its a well known fact!!!!
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

SPNOTTA

charlie

Since the tuna fish farm were done in front of M'Scala the fish had decreased from shore in those areas because of their pollution.Just ask people who frequent those areas and hear what they tell you.I'm not saying that trammel nets does not reduce the fish.

robby017

Chalie, ghidli inti kemm ikallaw pariti dak in nahat kuljum.... u ejdli int kif ma tippretendix li il hut ser jonqos.... il farm tamel taha... pero dik tressaq il hut leja... mur hdejn ta l-ghadira, invasata vopi u imsell, tat tonn fuq is sikka l bajda ftit gimghat ilu, kollha sawrell u plamti u xi kubrit imdaqqas ukoll... il parit ed joqtol... u min ikallah irrid idahhala go mohhu li ed joqtol il hobza tieghu stess u ma jigiex jeqrd hawn imbad.... mhux ed nghid alik chalie, ma nafx kif tistad int... in generali ed nidthadded.

Seahunter

Quote from: robby017 on May 09, 2009, 10:54:35 CET
Chalie, ghidli inti kemm ikallaw pariti dak in nahat kuljum.... u ejdli int kif ma tippretendix li il hut ser jonqos.... il farm tamel taha... pero dik tressaq il hut leja... mur hdejn ta l-ghadira, invasata vopi u imsell, tat tonn fuq is sikka l bajda ftit gimghat ilu, kollha sawrell u plamti u xi kubrit imdaqqas ukoll... il parit ed joqtol... u min ikallah irrid idahhala go mohhu li ed joqtol il hobza tieghu stess u ma jigiex jeqrd hawn imbad.... mhux ed nghid alik chalie, ma nafx kif tistad int... in generali ed nidthadded.
Veru jressqu ftit hut pelagici l-fishfarms, imma l-qiegh ta' madwarhom jinqered u ma' jibqa xejn hlief hama.
Hut tal-qiegh kollhu jinqered.

robby017

Ma nafx x'hemm tahthom siehed ax ma ninzilx nodos, pero, nemmen li il kurrenti mil majjestral inadfu hafna minnu abel ma jasal mal qiegh... nerga nghid imma , ma nafx ax miniex midhla ta dawk in nahat jiena...

fish-noob

il fish farms 100% li jeqirdu il qih... big time. u veru li jithlu hut pelagic.... pero finalment xorta ed jinqered lambjent ekk..... dak mux bix inzommu il hut. sabih li immur spinning u nkun nista inwahhal xi kubrita  kiku ifem imma heq..

flopinjoni tijaj il fishfarms mumix postom daqsek vicn tal art.

EmicMalta

I use a lot to dive and train my self at Lapsi. Its just 5 mins from my bed so can imagine how much I go there. Today after a long absence to the north side I decided to go to see some rocks near the reverse of moses. Cannot explain. All the seabed had changed, and for not saying  for the visibility, max 6mtr!!!! We r talking about Ghar Lapsi and not in a port. How can we help to see from where all this sand is getting from? The thing is like the quarry of Qala gozo, same prob. In these last 3 years I saw Ghar Lapsi changing when sometimes while diving one can feel "xahx" mixed with the sea water. This is a very series problem. Last year even diving at dingli cliffs was the same, so cannot imagine by the passing years

fish-noob

Quote from: robby017 on May 09, 2009, 10:54:35 CET

robbie,

bhalissa aw limsell??

likbar xewqa tijaj bhalissa namel sajda tajba minnom.... accesibli al art jew adom sar?

robby017

Quotebhalissa aw limsell??

mhux bhalissa imma fi zmienu jamel hafna imsell mal farms.... ma ta l-ghadira, b'qasba ta 3 meters kont amilt xalata.... suffrun u sunnara u mil wicc naqbad il vopi u l-imsell... u mil qigh qbadt xi 4 Sargi fuq il hniex... ma nafx jien....

The_Gaffer

Guys, alot of activites are contributing to the depletion of fish stocks along the coast.  In my humble opinion, if I had to list them from worst to least...I would put Trawliing as #1, followed by tramel nets (pariti) a close second...marine polution #3, illegal fishing (use of explosives - used to be higher in classification, but recently under control) longline fishing and followed by recreational fishing activites (boat, shore and spear fishing). 
What do you guys think?
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/