• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Beach Ledgering / Surf Casting in Sicily

Started by ForTuna, May 15, 2009, 16:07:55 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

ForTuna

Guys,

For the past month I got to know via MFF that there's quite a few of you who are interested in this type of fishing, however we all know that we are very limited when it comes to fishing spots... and we lack of good catches.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in going for a weekend to Sicily to practice this type of fishing, definitely their beaches are much bigger and the chances of nice catches are much better.

I was looking at the weekend from Friday 18th to Monday 21st September ( public holiday ) so this a long weekend.

Anyone up for it ?

ForTuna

Triumph 170cc - Evinrude 75 E-TEC

PK47

I always wanted to practice beach casting, this proposal is interesting, i might think about it ForTuna

Granitu

sure i come, but down there it is much more difficult in summer.... just like malta :-\ :-\
Good season so far.....

ForTuna

Hi Granitu , may be u re right but... keep in mind in italy schools start earlier than Malta and we're talking about night fishing I dont know how much they re used to have bbq's on the beaches .
ForTuna

craus

hey guys if you're interested in fishing in sicily I am in the process of organising a trip there for a few days. It will include loads of fishing and the like. I have contacted admin(skip) and have his permission to post a thread very soon. If you like I will take your names down and let you know the details probably next week but first I have to finalize some things with both MFF and my sicilian contacts.
Just to whet your whistle a bit, it will consist of approx 4 days in the north of sicily. staying in a very nice 3* hotel with bfast and dinner. We will go sea fishing and freshwater fishing. It will include a fishing guide for 8 hours of fishing daily, hire of gear and tackle.
we will be fishing for black bass, trout,chub, etc(depending on season) and sea bass, amberjacks, bluefish etc

the more the merrier, because I can get discounts on bulk bookings of 10 pax or more.

If you guys are interested send a reply on this thread and i will get in touch soon.

Granitu

they are used to have parties for sure but to our fortune there are unpopulated small beaches which can give out some real wild awrat.. like let's say 4kilos in mid afternoons. i've seen them on other forums and quite impressed, to say the least;D ;D ;D.

the problem is they are difficult to access but we would find a way for sure.. i have some friends too from sicily which would help s out for sure
Good season so far.....

ForTuna

well we can always hire a big 4x4 !!! so we can do some offroading too haha !!
ForTuna

craus

Quote from: Granitu on May 15, 2009, 19:46:45 CET
they are used to have parties for sure but to our fortune there are unpopulated small beaches which can give out some real wild awrat.. like let's say 4kilos in mid afternoons. i've seen them on other forums and quite impressed, to say the least;D ;D ;D.

the problem is they are difficult to access but we would find a way for sure.. i have some friends too from sicily which would help s out for sure
I've done some fishing in sicliy and seen first hand the fish they catch. UNBELIEVABLE!!! They throw back anything under 1.5kgs. I've seen them throw back bream that a normal maltese angler would feed his cat with for a month.

And for those that have never been abroad fishing in coarse water I can tell you fly fishing is the dogs balls. Nothing better than catching trout and salmon on the fly. Or a massive pike/zander, bass swallowing your lure and dancing out of the water as you reel it in.

Granitu

whatever happens i'm in, you know how much i'm in this technique fortuna...
Good season so far.....

ForTuna

Great :) i'm already gathering some info re-accomodation/transport .....a colleague of mine knows some who rents properties very close to the sea....we might find the right one at a good price will keep you posted
ForTuna

robby017

i'm interested...... intellaw imrejkba maghna imma guys...  ;D  forsi jahsbuwa xi klandestini  :D
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

ForTuna

hahaha tajba robby .... mhux zgur juzawha l imrejkba hemm!!! forsi nghalmuhom xi haga ... zomm go rasek ukoll  li probabilmet cath and release se jkoolna nghamlu sakemm ma jkollnix  xi cooler tajjeb...
ForTuna

ganni

tintuza ta limrejkba litalja, probabbli ahna tallimna minandhom mux huma ha jitallmu minghanna  ;D
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

ForTuna

Grazzi ta  li-info GAnni :p haw xi volontier iehor!!!! sa 4 ukoll tajjeb gahx nixtieq nikru vann ghalina :D jekk inkunu 8 nikkru 2 hehe
ForTuna

robby017

Quoteprobabilmet cath and release se jkoolna nghamlu sakemm ma jkollnix  xi cooler tajjeb...

ahseb hekk

bbq dak il hin.... fresh... mmmmmmmmmmm how good.....
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work