• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Bottom Fishing for boats moored at St.Paul's / Bugibba

Started by stevea, July 09, 2009, 15:09:56 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

stevea

Hi guys,

Can I get some ideas about bottom fishing for boats starting off from St.Paul's? Seems that is sikkek offer limited sizes as in sirran, odd pagell, tracni and small sargi. Looong time ago my l'father in law owed a boat house + a21ft luzzu in GNEJNA - those were the days.
Now I have an 18ft marinello moored at Beachaven and was wondering whether some experienced guys from this part of the island can possibly indicate what's interesting. Seems that one can try deep sea fishing 175 - 200 mtr however catches would mainly be Mazzola and hamiem!
Any hints? (apart from jigging ... which I will be trying v soon /// and early season lampuki / and the odd lizz)

SPITEC

For lizz its not that bad that area I know it well.For bottom fishing never caught big fish just the ones you mentioned.But if you like to try some live bait near the tuna pens you mught have some chance of hooking something BIG and if you wanne have fun try sawrell and when imsell come in they are nice catching.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

stevea

Hi Spitec... thanks for info. Will try out sawrell fishing someday as I agree with you that it can be a handful... Do you know anything about fishing in 100+ metres from our side of the island - I really don't fency the idea of going round the isalnd each time you want to practice bottom fishing..