• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

the great white is back

Started by neville, June 03, 2009, 18:00:00 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Destination Sea

Fuq tal Youtube , Tajjeb mela dak kwazi mkul mix shark w l iehor cool jigbed il video. mank telaq l hemm jekk ma riedtx jghinu . ???
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

acciola

To Arti2....  I happen to know John Abela (however not friends) and indeed, he had over exaggerated the measurements of that Great White caught way back....  it was no more than 17ft long - still a large shark by any standards. He also has the Jaws of this shark which he had purchased from the fisherman for about Lm150 if my memory serves me right. One hell of a bargain I think!! 

Great Whites in the Mediterranean feed mainly on Tuna which is why they probably appear at this time of the year close to shore. They seem to be following the Tuna migration.  Other Great Whites in California, South Africa, Australia etc feed mainly on seals and that probably explains the shark attacks on humans - they are easily mistaken for seals.  We don't have that problem here in the Mediterranean, our sharks here are only interested in Tuna and nothing else.

With regards to the Tuna Pens, only time will tell what effect on Great Whites that will have in the long term.

neville

millux fuq ichatbox tal forum qrajt li raw xi shark hdejn il fish farms insejt min kien kitbu.
silver craft 395

camkev

Jien gieli rajt balena ukoll  ;) U tellajta fuq il boat :D ;) :)
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

bigboy

ma nistax inwigbek awnekk sihbi :P

robby017

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

issa fhimtha tal balena

Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

Granitu

Good season so far.....

kris

15ft Marino Atom 450 Powered by Tohatsu 30hp 4-stroke Fuel Injection

28ft Luzzu Powered by Twin 45 Hp Perkins