• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

Diesel pumps

Started by Destination Sea, June 21, 2009, 13:38:08 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Destination Sea

Hi
For all those who have diesel powered boats please note this article and ensure that your pumps are ok so that you have no trouble when out at sea.

http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=89899
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

Simon G

yes my beloved dinkie suffered from this problem on thursday,
i wonder who we can sue ???
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

shanook

we dont have Sue in Malta, we have Maria, Carmena Grezzja but no sue here ......

noztheviking

OHHH YES WE DO HAVE SUE IN MALTA, WE HAVE SUE IN BUGIBBA, SUE IN SLIEMA, SUE IN VALLETA,HOW MANY SUES DO YOU WANT ???????

noztheviking

LAST YEAR WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN ENGLAND BUT WITH UNLEADED PETROL, AND IT WAS CAUSING THE EMISSIONS SENDER IN THE CAT EXHAUSTS TO BURN OUT MEANING THAT YOUR ENGINE JUST DIED AND WOULD NOT RUN AGAIN, IT COST A LOT OF PEOPLE A LOT OF MONEY, THE SENSORS WERE ABOUT 220 POUNDS PLUS FITTING.IN THE END THE PETROL COMPANY HAD TO FOOT THE BILL, BUT THEY TRIED AS HARD AS BILLYO TO GET OUT OF IT. AS USUAL THE GOVERNMENT WOULD NOT BACK THE MOTERIST EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW ALL ABOUT THE PROBLEM,BUT THE SAD THING ABOUT THE PROBLEM,WAS THAT THE POOR OLD BOATERS THAT ENDED UP WITH THE SAME SORT OF TROUBLES HAD TO SORT THEIR PROBLEMS OUT THEMSELVES BUT AS THEY SAY, SAY LA VIE

Shaftbomb

I didn't read the article between the lines but I don't think it mentions that diesel engines are failing because of the diesel....just diesel pumps leaking diesel????

Granitu

there is a clear misuse of jargon "pumps"= the engine pump.

careful out there but it seems that only old engines suffer. i know of various ppl who suffered the problem but the problem is majorly felt by old engine pumps

in any case i'm at loss.... what one can do???
Good season so far.....

noztheviking

After seeing the article in Malta Times with regards to the diesal contamination, saying it was down to low sulphur diesal. it sounds more like methanol cotamination, as this chemical has the effect of shrinking O rings and causing them to fail and crumble. Have been there and got the T-shirt, and the empty wallet through replacing all the knackered O-rings in lift pumps and injector pumps.