Malta Fishing Forum
International Game Fish Association
News:

Latest Gallery Pictures

WEATHER FORECASTS
Luqa Station Malta North Virtual Buoy West Coast Dingli Cliffs Cirkewwa Mellieha
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Braided Lines For Spinning  (Read 42537 times)
Kevin G
Active User

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 14:48:31 CET »

Thanks everyone for your info, I choose that type of thickness of braid as where I go one will accept everything to pass from there. Martin knows well.

The Sea Sweeper Cheesy
Robby9
Active User

Fish are born to be caught!!!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 17:01:51 CET »

ty all.Really I am searching for size 6000 or more for cliff fishing 
clutch_kick
VIP Member
Active User

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 21:21:08 CET »

Thanks everyone for your info, I choose that type of thickness of braid as where I go one will accept everything to pass from there. Martin knows well.

Kevin I hate critising brands, because i do not like to offend people, but Climax braid would not get my money.  As fot the thickness, a 0.35mm braid is used for Jigging, or if you are lucky enough Spinning in the tropics.  Get yourself a decent 35lb braid if you really want to err on the stronger side and you'll be a happy chap Smiley

Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.
Granitu
Active User

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 22:11:03 CET »

best around are berkely fireline, spectra power pro and a lot of positives from friends of mine for xzoga braid. I haven't tested the latter but for fireline and spectra i vouch they are very good braids, especially fireline although its price is not exactly the bright side...

Good season so far.....
Kevin G
Active User

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2012, 10:23:05 CET »

hi, from where can i buy silicone spray to spay onto my braid?

The Sea Sweeper Cheesy
ganni
Active User

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2012, 10:27:17 CET »

fuel stations, hardware stores and ironmongers have it

SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today
Kevin G
Active User

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2012, 14:01:48 CET »

mm ic tna ganni tought it was some special kind of spray only for braid. thanks

The Sea Sweeper Cheesy
rule3
Active User

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2012, 14:26:18 CET »

I've used powerpro and it's a very good braid, BUT an experienced angler told me that the cheapest ones at ebay may do the trick for less money... so i've just ordered a 300m 0.14 braid which can land a 4.5kg fish.

L-ikbar ghadu tas-sajd hija s-sodda.
kennethb
Active User

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:30 CET »

When selecting what braid one should use, there are a lot of factos that need to be taken into consideration:

1. What fish is being targeted?
2. Braid breaking line strenght
3. Abrasion Resistance
4. Smoothness on rod guides...this has a lot to do with braid construction technologies....pe fibres used, 4 strand? 8 strand?
5. line diameter....and consider what Fluorocarbon to use according to the diameter, and the knot to tie braid to FC. Apart from that, this has a lot of advantages...the less the diameter, the better the castability, finesse, you will manage to work the lures better cause of better blend with tides and current,  cuts through the wind better, etc. 

In my opinion, one should take careful consideration of all of the above before selecting the brand to use.....

Thanks

Kenn
scottfloyd
Active User

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2012, 09:05:33 CET »

best braid ive used is 4 strand blue colour yamamoto(absolute fishing ireland  have it on offer), real fine and smooth i use it over realy ruff ground,and use it to trawl , it casts like a bullet! ive used daiwa 8strand,power pro spiderwire and they aint got a patch on this stuff, just make sure when you snap the bail arm over that the braid is physicaly pulled into the corner roller of the bail arm as if its not right in , you will load the reel up wrong when winding and when you cast you will get a wind not,you want a half decent reel as well or it wont load up right i use sakura floro leader about 1m long,i attach it to the braid with two loops one on either side, just make a little  loop and pull it tight , then on the braid side do a double not in the loop(as it can slip) then put one loop on top of the other and push the other end of the floro through the two loops and pull, it usualy sticks so you need to work it through,great not and it has never came out,the loops tighten against each other,ive a daiwa renessa dir 2500 and a daiwa caldia 2500 matched to a sakura 8ft and a amazing illex 5-25g rod, i got the caldia as im forever falling in the drink and it is mag sealed so is ment to be better?,the renessa ive owned for two years and its been under a few times and its going great,i always wash them and loads of silicone spray after spinning
When selecting what braid one should use, there are a lot of factos that need to be taken into consideration:

1. What fish is being targeted?
2. Braid breaking line strenght
3. Abrasion Resistance
4. Smoothness on rod guides...this has a lot to do with braid construction technologies....pe fibres used, 4 strand? 8 strand?
5. line diameter....and consider what Fluorocarbon to use according to the diameter, and the knot to tie braid to FC. Apart from that, this has a lot of advantages...the less the diameter, the better the castability, finesse, you will manage to work the lures better cause of better blend with tides and current,  cuts through the wind better, etc.  

In my opinion, one should take careful consideration of all of the above before selecting the brand to use.....

Thanks

Kenn
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 14, 2020, 15:45:35 CET]