• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Outboard Mechanic

Started by ciappinu, October 06, 2006, 15:42:59 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

ciappinu

Does anyone of you know of a good outboard motor mechanic in the Northern Area. Ideally in Mellieha.

Thanks.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

skip

Which make of outboard? Some mechanics are better on one than the other, and also the newer style bigger outboards with ECM's are harder to work on because of the need to electronic diagnostic tools.

Just like cars, finding mechanics who work at the main dealership but do work after hours tends to be the best solution.

gottie

Yes I know of one in Mosta and One from Gozo who travels to Malta frequently, maybe he can come have a look at your engine in your garage.
I give you the Tel no if you need. They have experience in both cabed engines and the modern ones.

gottie

.. Carburetted engines I meant.

Lamacca

Same question as ciappinu ,Looking for outboard mechanic but preferibly in the south for a suzuki 9.9 .
Please .
13 Foot Seastar 400 (bahri kind of)
15hp Suzuki
3.5hp Seagull 40+ Longshaft  (Yes it works , yes it leaks oil)
3.0hp Seagull 40  Longshaft 60 years and it's my best one !
1.5hp Seagull 40- extra short shaft
5 hp Gutbrod Short shaft Air cooled.

Granitu

i know one.. he opens on saturdays only  in tarxien. but i can' t guarantee you cheap pricing. but with regards to repairs very professional
Good season so far.....

Lamacca

Well it's better than any other options i got :)  . Do you have his number ?
13 Foot Seastar 400 (bahri kind of)
15hp Suzuki
3.5hp Seagull 40+ Longshaft  (Yes it works , yes it leaks oil)
3.0hp Seagull 40  Longshaft 60 years and it's my best one !
1.5hp Seagull 40- extra short shaft
5 hp Gutbrod Short shaft Air cooled.

Granitu

right now no as the guy repairs the boats near to our garage(neighbour) but by tomorrow i can give it to you as i need t go to the garage. what can i say is hat we serviced a motor which was in a bad condition which now runs perfectly.
Good season so far.....

visa

I know of a very good mechanic in the north of Malta St Paul's bay near Pawles his name is Paul am sure that if u are not in a hurry he will fix it for you his mobile number is 99497716, he fixes everthing for me my 200hp as well as the 18hp and had a very troubelsome 9.9hp johson which nobody could fix, neither the agent in Griza could find the soloution to it he fixed it and i lost a bet with him. Try him he is not cheap but who is ???
RASCALA 24ft. with DF225 hp SUZUKI v6 4 stroke

busumark

louis he is in santa venera is a very good mechanic his number is 99467082. he is not cheap also but i think they are all the same

visa

like i said if you go cheap on these thing you are risking stopping and ruining the whole day (from experance) i will not let just anyone touch my motors
RASCALA 24ft. with DF225 hp SUZUKI v6 4 stroke