• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

suzuki Engine trouble

Started by sirena, July 29, 2009, 10:22:15 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

sirena

hi guys i need some help ,

last monday my suzuki outboard(dt55) turned off suddenly and it doesn't want to start , i was off tha cenc ant it took me 2 hrs to be back at shore.

when i turn the ignition key on the self starter seems to be locked , it dosen's turn the fly weel so to start. if you ask for oil the motor mixed 1/4 of its tank with 35 lts petrol .

does any one knows a good mechanic

Thanks in advance

Kevin
(sirena)
always want to fish.... why.... cos fun ux!!!

camkev

Do you have current?Does it try to turn the flywheel?And are you using LRP?
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

polidmar

Check out for any burnt fuses .. loose wires (Earth) and nuts.  Its step 1.  Try to short circuit the solenoid in order to check if this is faulty.  Pray to God its not the stator coz this one is rather pricy.

PS.  I have no experience on Suzuki outboards .. am recounting how we managed to fix the same problem on my Mariner 2 stroke.

camkev

Even check the plugs as well!

blueskip

Can you turn the flywheel by hand? to check that the engine is not seized? Are you using the "automatic oiling system" on the Suzuki? these are renowned for failing to work as they get older (same as the Yamaha system) if you are using the automatic oiling system, I would advise you to switch to pre-mixing by hand, & disabling the oil mix system, once it starts to go wrong you dont get the right petrol/oil mixture & engine wear is inevitable :(
Blueskip

Granitu

looks more like an electrical fault- somewhat the ignition system is not starting. you ratherly need an electrician for suzuki outboards rather than a mechanic
Good season so far.....

benri

I don't want to be rude or doubt your intellegence but make sure the throttle is in idle position when trying to start and the kill switch is in place before anything else... It once happened to me!
I'd rather be fishing.....

sirena

HI GUYS ,

1  The fly wheel is turning  ,
2  took out the plugs and the starter turned the fly wheel
3 put foward the trottle and did a cycle using the propellor , the engine turned
4 kill switch ok
5 after doing so the starter seems to start working again but the battery turned low now.

the question is how comr that everything was working perfectly and suddenly stopped , i am worried about the oil mixing system ....

camkev

Are you giving LRP?I had a similar problem about 2 weeks ago!!They are adding some chemical with LRP and it's noot doinggood to marine engines!

sirena

ciappinu

A friend of mine has a DT55 as well, and told you to press the reset button on the engine when that happened. Having said that, he has removed the oil mixing system and mixes oil directly in the fuel tank.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

sirena

can you tell me where is the reset button please.

sirena

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME YOUR NUMBER ON 99858522 AND I WILL CALL YOU BACK

sirena

i will be on my boat , if someone knows where the reset button is can you please txt a message and i will call back

thanks

kevin

Tatanka

Sirena , The reset button should be on the side of the outboard control unit. should be on the left side of the motor depends where you look at it from. If you are looking at the motor from inside the boat it should be on the left. ;) Hope this helps
Galia 440 outboard 40 Tohatsu