• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Bottom Fishing

Started by noztheviking, August 11, 2009, 19:04:49 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

noztheviking

Help PLEASE, Can any body tell me when you go bottom fishing in Malta, Do you Anchor up or do you fish on the drift. ALSO if you do anchor up, with the bottom being so rocky and snaggy do you rig your anchors to trip, This is when you fish from the boat of course thanks for your help

camkev

When i go bottom fishing i never put my anchor down.Unless i am in shallow waters and i find a very good place!!
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

reuben485

No you dont need to anchor. its better if leave the boat to move with the current so that you are changeing area all the time.

placebo

in malta you do not have those heavy UK currents. The sea is completely different.

in winters we get that very high currents but mostly from MAY till SEPT you can easily do bottom fishing without anchoring
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

noztheviking

tHANK YOU GENTS.  AS USEUALL FIRST CLASS REPLIES, WE are used to having huge tidal rises and falls as well as massive currents to put up with all the year round, its just that I had never seen anybody anchor up while Ihave been out there

bahri

Guys, something else you might want to try in calm weather is to leave the anchor half way down (inhalli l-ankra nofs bahar)

alfadelta

else you might throw a floating anchor
A Bad Day Fishing still beats a good day at work...

fisheye

using a sea anchor can help you to slow down the boat and they are quiet efficiant. Can be made from anything like an empty bucket or large piece of cone shaped cloth tied with a rope to the boat.
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

maltembu

Ta Bormla has floating anchors...
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

There is no such thing as too much equipment.

alfadelta

everyone should have one his boat as part of the emergency kit
A Bad Day Fishing still beats a good day at work...