• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

FORCE outboards- any experiences ?

Started by galeacw, August 18, 2009, 13:47:58 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

galeacw

hello all,
i am considering buying a small boat which has a Force outboard on it! 90hp aprox year of manufacture 1990/1991!
What are your experiences?
your replies are greatly appreciated  ::)

skip

They (Force - CHRYSLER) were never much of a success...not sure what the parts status is on them which would be an important issue.

http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/010046.html

guido99

Force outboards were somewhat popular with the local speedboat crowd. Is it a speedboat you're talking about ?
Hey, what part of "Bring your own Beer" didn't you understand ?

galeacw

yes its a 17ft fletcher and it has a 90hp

guido99

Personally regardless of the Brand, considering it is an 18 year old motor and spent its life pushing a speedboat, i would say its ready for retirement.
Hey, what part of "Bring your own Beer" didn't you understand ?

galeacw

:o if it was a Johnson or evinrude or yamaha i would go for it but its not convincing me!!

benri

I totally agree with Guido99. I had a Fletcher with a Johnson 90 and don't remember a day without testing the engine limit! So after 18years, I think it's done enough!
I'd rather be fishing.....

joe

sirena

hi mate,
force was a project that never succeded , parts are rare to find , to find a part on internet it will take about 5 hrs from one stie to antoher cos my frient has a 115  and by the way every now and then the motor loves to go an sickleave..

in my opinion forget about it mate........
always want to fish.... why.... cos fun ux!!!

fabrizioviper

FORGET IT. NEVER BUY SECOND HAND OUTBOARDS . ON THE LONG RUN YOU LL GET FOR WHAT YOU PAID FOR.
If I give you a fish I'll be feeding you once, if i'll show you how I caught it I'll be feeding you for ever.

galeacw

:) Dear all,
Thanks for all your replies
I got your messages ...
Hope i manage to find a good open boat with a good motor.. as i am a begginner and i do not wish to start with a new boat.
Regards

LapsiBoy

pay a bit more and buy a new boat ;) I think its worth it nowadays.
Check out Tar-ratal marine(fast fisher) , bucanner and kaptan boats.
Locally built and they are very nice

sirena

a good boat to start with is a sport fishermen 13.5ft from jupiter marine  with a good 30hp  japanese make with ?2300 on local sites you'll find one for sure . i had one and they are very good in all weather ......
always want to fish.... why.... cos fun ux!!!