• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Fish Share and Employment

Started by 148148, September 15, 2009, 16:47:23 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Can someone please fill me in on local agreements? If you supply the boat and all equipment and pay for fuel and bait etc, what share of the catch should someone get? Also if you have someone work on your boat and obviously all is supplied what do they get?
Cheers

bigboy

We use different sharing for different kinds of fishing.

For Swordfish / Tuna we use this sharing method. 1 share for the boat, 1 share for the equipment and a share each for the people working on the boat. When fishing with bottom longlines 1 share for the boat and equipment and a share each for the people. All shares are based on profits. I.e first the expenses are redused from the catch and then the profit is devided equally.

There are other boats who work in this way:

3 shares for the boat, 2 shares for the equipment and a share each for the people.

blueskip

I thought that between friends you shared all costs equally, & shared all retained fish equally? that's the way I do it, I supply the boat & get the fuel, my friends buy the bait, I pay the launching/carpark fee, we then add everything together & divide by however many are on board,
All edible/sizeable fish go in the fish box, & we share it out when we get back ashore, sometimes we dont take any as we have enough in the freezer, so the ones who want, take, it seems to work out well, everybody pays the same & we all get a share when we want it ;)
Blueskip

skip

He's talking about a commercial boat Blueskip

stevea

blueskip... commercial is one thing and freinds is another thing. See... when my wife joins in me on my fishing boat...... this becomesa commercial family ..... and therefore she gets all the shares...and sometimes the equipment too!

Yes commercial, different if they were friends, 50/50 after all costs

blueskip

That's the difference between the countries, here we are not allowed to sell our catch unless we are licenced commercial fishermen, if any resturaunt/fishmonger is caught buying from private anglers he is in heavy sh1t! & so is the angler, with both the Sea Fisheries Committee, & the Inland Revenue who then decide how much profit they think you have made, even if you have never sold anything before, & impose a fine on you, so we dont "do" selling our catch, I'm too old to go to jail, & my arse wouldn't stand it either! :o
Blueskip

fisheye

It is the same here blueskip no one can sell his catches unless he is licenced as a profestional, commercial fisherman and 148148 is or is in the process of becoming one. 
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85