• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Interesting Documentary Filfla

Started by markcam, September 16, 2009, 08:09:49 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

markcam

Never encountered most of the species that they filmed.  Do we have tiger moray's here in Malta?, cause I have my doubts about parts of the footage.

caldaland

probably thats a fake documentary. i sincerely hope im wrong!

Kaptan Jr

Sorry to say but I think its fake also.
Katpan 15ft, Cuddy cabin and powered with twin 50hp TLDI Tohatsu outboard engines

LapsiBoy

Perla 165

Perla 165 with Toyota 2.2 Litre = 70 bhp.

Frejgatina 13' with acme petrol/pitrolju 10hp.

Ghazel u Huw, Igdem u kuwl !!

bigboy

personally id do not think that this is fake !!

kris

i think it is real but it would be a dream of every diver to witness all of those living things.

i mean what reason would they have to fake it?...one assumption may be to attract more tourist divers to visit our shores but if this would be so then it would reflect badly on our islands as the divers would be disapointed not to witness those kind of fish and marine animals.

this is just my opinion.
15ft Marino Atom 450 Powered by Tohatsu 30hp 4-stroke Fuel Injection

28ft Luzzu Powered by Twin 45 Hp Perkins

markcam

But is the species of the moray eel that appears in the footage present in our waters?

Arti2

If it is the Tiger Moray its not a species of our waters.
Maltese to English Names visit www.renotonna.yolasite.com

shanook

neither are species that we are seeing recently in our waters so that doesnt hold water.....could be also that they mounted some footage water is water and there is no way that we can distinguish where it is, so the only people who can tell are the ones who made the dive..

Perla 165

@ 3.10 min... jidrilkom li jek kien jezisti 5 miljun sena ijlu ha tkun mitfuna taht 2 pulziri ramel dik is sina ? xtahsbu ?

traslate

@3.10 min...do u think that if that shark existed 5 million years ago, his tooth would be under 2 inches of sand? what do u think?

camkev

Hey guys,i just spoke to sharkman one of the divers in the doc.This guy works with me so i see him every day and i dont think he is going to lie to me.He said it is a dive near filfla and i asked him to write a statement and i will forward it here.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

Perla 165

edlu jejdlek naqa fuq is sina kev jek jogbok..   ax qed naraha naqa fjaka, qisu kin jaf fjn andu imur bix isiba u wara dawk is snin ux.. ma nahsibx li twarab naqa ramel bidejk u isib lafarjit ek ta snin ijlu ux...

tran...

markcam

In the documentary they mention that he found the tooth on a previous dive!

placebo

i do not think it's a fake!

sharkman is a dedicated person in malta, surely it is well edited but not a fake i think!
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing