• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

wind/current/weather

Started by sg, October 18, 2009, 07:48:21 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

sg

can someone explain what difference the winds/currents make? whether any type of weather is bad for fishing?

Destination Sea

In my opinion there is no hard and fast rule.same conditions sometimes we catch other days none ??? .There may be some preferences such as early morning etc but its not  written in the stone. as least that is my experience. ;)
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

bigboy

I think some times these things should be taken into consideration.

The current is a very important factor. I.e. forget bottom fishing if the underwater currents are too strong even for trolling lots of current does not help.

As for weather it is not the same for all kinds of fish. I prefer cloudy/ rainy weather when fishing for tumbrell, plamti and kubrit whilst sunny weather when trolling for kahli, cervjol etc.

The moon is also a thing to take into consideration. In maltese we say "ma qamar gdid jmess il hut"!!!

Also different wind directions for different types of fish. I prefer sw winds for tumbrell/ kubrit and nw winds for kahli and cervjol.

sg

in fact yesterday i was bottom fishing - when the weather got rougher i caught nothing whereas usually i do catch

mulett75

Yesterday, although was a little bit extra rough sea, still was good for saddled breams (kahli). A guy caught over 6 kilos of kahli. Me arrived at 1.30pm, started fishing immeditley and up to 4.00 I got 12 good sized ones, "FUQ IR RIMA" (in the surf). This shows that when weather conditions are good, the fish will bite. Everyone knows how cunning is the kahli!