• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Inspire Foundation 12 Hour Fishing Marathon

Started by skip, November 18, 2009, 19:01:02 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

TWELVE HOURS FISHING MARATON IN AID OF INSPIRE

For the second consecutive year, Inspire (The Eden and Razzett Foundation) in collaboration with Mister Fish, are organising a Twelve hours fishing marathon on the 22nd November. 

This activity, which is going to be held at the Valletta Waterfront and aired during the Mister Fish TV programme, is one of the many events the foundation is organising to raise the much-needed funds to continue its mission 'to deliver a professional educational and therapeutic services to children and adults with disability '
Fishing enthusiasts are invited to assemble a team of four to take part in this marathon. The participation fee is of €100 per team. Those willing to fish for fun, will be given the opportunity to do so by booking their private space for three hours, against an individual donation of €10. Fresh sea bream provided by MFF Ltd, will be on sale at a special price during the whole event. All the proceeds will go in aid of Inspire.

The Marathon, which will run on a catch and release policy, will kick off at 6am and come to a conclusion at 6pm, where trophies and prizes will be awarded to the teams who register the largest total weight caught.
Applications are to be submitted to Mr Fish in Iklin, Fgura or Gzira by not later than Friday, 20th November.

For more information, the public can contact Mr Renato Vella on 2189 0000 or on 79426546 or send an email to renato.vella@inspire.org.mt

camkev

It would have been nice to take part but it's too late now!!!Didn't here anything anywere about this maraton  :(
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

skip

Was sent an email last night by the organiser, was not aware of it either

robby017

Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

mulett75

Ther is still time if someone wants to join. Today we had a meeting about this event.

robby017

i might go do 3 hours fishing, or go meet up with some friends there..... anybody going ?...... issa naraw........
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

camkev

Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

mulett75

At least when you come to give us a little support, get us a drink, (joking). Hope to see some of you guys.

Kevin G

do you know if there are any people taking place, I might find some free time and jump over to watch.
The Sea Sweeper :D

mulett75

Ther are going to be 5 teams of 4 each. 2 teams opted to fish as one team, that is 2 will fish for the first 6 hrs and then they will be replaced by the other two. The other 3 teams opted to be divided in 2 teams of 2 each and all are going to fish for 12 hrs straight. It will start at 06.00 til 18.00

Kevin G

Tnx mullet75, I will probably be there in the morning.
Thank you

mulett75

Yesterday we fished at waterfront for 12 hrs. The first 5 hrs vere very good but peg no 5 was sensantional. Where the avarge catch was ranging between 3.5kg to 4.5kg, these 2 boys caught almost 8 kgs. I say 2 boys because they are still under 16 years. After this time it was very difficult to catch a fish but peg no5 kept catching and there final weight was almost 12kgs, hence they came out as winners. All in all it was a nice experience of 12 hr straight fishing.

mulett75

I like to add that a strange fish has been caught. It is in the shape of a tropical fish. As soon as I receive the photo I will post it for your veiws.

Kevin G

mullet I came to waterfront but couldn't find the way to enter :( saw you fishing for a while and then left.

mulett75

Sorry to hear that. The entry was from the main gate, on foot as cars was not allowed.