• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Custom Built: 'Ultra Violet' Vertical Jigging Rod

Started by clutch_kick, November 29, 2009, 21:08:29 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch_kick

Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

camkev

ok np,you can also post here cause i think it will be interesting for the others to read  ;)  Then if it's something personal you can send me a pm  :D ;) :)
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

Spirit of Jason

Very nice indeed. In the U.K. a lot of the guys use ugly sticks, dont know what they are, but I asked the guy in Captain Fish if he sold them and he looked at me like I was from another planet.

robby017

QuoteCaptain Fish
???

I'm sure you mean Mr Fish...... the tackle shop.    :P
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

clutch_kick

Well maybe we can get some feedback from the boat anglers here.  What is the ideal action for a bottom fishing rod? X-Fast, Fast or Moderate?

This is what I recommended

Lamiglas NZ 102 2XH
Length: 8'6"
Pieces: 2
Line Wt: 20-50lbs
Lure Wt: 6-12oz

OKUMA-1976

FYI
ugly stick is a registered name to the Shakespeare brand which now forms part of the Pure Fishing company

should you need any information i'm ready to help

Spirit of Jason

OKUMA-1976
Thanks for that sir, as usual plenty of help and advise from a forum member.
The shop was, as Robby017 suggested, Mr Fish.

clutch_kick

Well here is another option, this time using E-Glass, instead of graphite.  This might actually be a bonus on a frenetic boat, when the fish are biting. The rod would be more durable to knocks, sacrificing only the weight.

Blank is a 7 foot, one piece, 25-50lb line class, with a mod-fast action, and is rated as Extra-heavy by the manufacturer. Finished in Gloss Black (or pink if you are feeling different)

EVA Foam grips, Light weight machined aluminium reel seat, and butt cap (gimbal or round).

American Tackle stainless steel, halide guides (like the ones i have on the Jigging rod).

I think the above can be put togather for less than $150.  Which is the price for a Graphite blank alone!!!  If we get 2 or 3 rods togather the shipping costs would be minimal, divided between the 3.

robiinjakson

Thanks for the compliment guys. It requires patience and cargo containers to meet these guidelines. Now I really understand why it is so expensive, custom rods.