• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Changes to the forum

Started by skip, December 21, 2009, 06:53:22 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

I thought I would open up this discussion to let you all know what's changing in the forum for 2010. Even though I had originally planned to migrate over to a better server in 2010 at roughly 5x the previous cost of the server, I ended up doing this last month (Nov 2009). We still have to tweak a few settings but hopefully things will be more stable.

We now have 1,400 members signed up but as with many other forums only a couple of hundred at best participate actively in discussions and helping each other out, which is not a problem in that this is normal behaviour for most of us on a forum. However, as things are a little different here given the type of forum and the fact that most of us are locally based, after a small discussion with some of our most active members, I have decided to restrict the forum a little.

In a nutshell the forum has become a central reference point for fishing in Malta and that is fantastic and could only have been done with the type of content and discussions that you guys have come up with. From an admin perspective, and along with The Gaffer we have been working very hard promoting the forum with sponsors, meetings with the Ministry and working to get the best for our members.

We have noticed a trend where people seem to be just taking from the forum and NOT giving very much back so if they want to continue to do that, they will at least need to sign up as a paid Premium member. A new online member will have two days to freely browse all areas of the forum and then he will be placed in a restricted group, pending sign up as a Premium Member, with a very low annual membership fee of €8

In 2010 we will hopefully continue to grow and continue to build upon what we achieved in 2009, with bigger competitions and more participation. Have yourselves a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Skip

baghira

All the best to all the members especially those actively contributing.

Agree with your decision nick.
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sirena

ALL the very best to all the staff and  members of this comunity .

wishing in collaboration from all in  helping the administration achiving its goals and targets.
since MFF our daily fishing source of discussions and help.

Thank you nick and co.
always want to fish.... why.... cos fun ux!!!

bigboy

camkev

Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

shanook

maltembu

A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

There is no such thing as too much equipment.

robby017

agreed nic.... good move..... all the best guys, cu on the 28th Dec
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

freediver

agree 100% happy christmas to all

fish-noob

very good  man ;) wishing all an awesome christmas and best of luck for new year

Destination Sea

Fair enough. Happy xmas and a prosperous new year to all menbers and their family.
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

mulett75

I agree with you all. I consider the forum like the blood bank, we need to give and take.

Happy fishing holidays to all of you and your family

bigboy

It is only 8 euros my friend to become a premium member. This is whats happening in this forum. Eveyone comes in to learn and does not give some feedback to the forum. By becoming at least a premium member you will be able to view all boards

MartinB

Quote from: mulett75 on December 21, 2009, 16:53:28 CET
I agree with you all. I consider the forum like the blood bank, we need to give and take.
This x100 mate!! otherwise this would just be a bulletin board...and with everyone taking a very poor one at that !
Merry xmas to all and see you on the 28th  

robby017

considering all the stuff we buy for fishing, surely 8 euro (67 euro cents per month) (Lm3.43) is not going to place anyone under the poverty line........ even euro 20 to be VIP is very reasonable considering the tons of work involved for skip and the backing moderator team......
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work