• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Groundbait for xilep/griewel

Started by tancred, December 21, 2009, 18:42:22 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

tancred

What is the best groundbait mixture (ghalf) for xilep/griewel?

mulett75

Lots and lots of bread. You can add "aringi" and if you manage to find the sea lettuce "hassa" and or "sellieha". The xilep is vegiterian.

MartinB

Bread and ive also done well with 'gobon tas-sajd'.If you find 'sellieha' use it as hook bait!

suffrun

I agree with both mulett and martinB.

sirena

can you please  explain the prickly pear methode cos i cant figure it out how to do it sorry:)
always want to fish.... why.... cos fun ux!!!

Robby9

bread with aringi is good but if u find 'hass' and u can try the shell(qoxra) of watermelon because it is green like 'hass'. Last summer i saw one who caught nice sized xilep on the shell of watermelon but i did not tried it yet.

tancred

kris

from any fishing tackle shop you can buy ground sardines which is excellent to use with groundbait.
15ft Marino Atom 450 Powered by Tohatsu 30hp 4-stroke Fuel Injection

28ft Luzzu Powered by Twin 45 Hp Perkins

Robby9

craus

mrk274

Sibt dan il-video li nahseb huwa interessanti ghal min irid jitghallem kif jistad ax xilep bil-hassa. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAg9J5qd2Uo

Xileptalbiza

jekk trid tictri l-aringi is-sur gorg ta bubaqra ghandu u ghandu 40 sena ,jekk trid dan u n numru 79845660

sanpawl

Can you please explain to me how to make gobon tas-sajd properly?

I have about 30kg of peppercorn cheese, how best to use it?

simplefishingtips

Although bread is good the best groundbait is "sellieha".  Its green seaweed, unfortunately I do not know the word in english.  It is very effective!