• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

divers-find-explosive-device-on-diving-attraction

Started by sg, December 22, 2009, 07:23:52 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

baghira

Well this is not a beneficial aspect for the fishing community.
This is a potential health threat, beside being illegal fishing activity etc.,. Hope the culprits of such an act are caught and jailed, especially after throwing such a thing onto a diving site, and protected.

But by the way, i was one of the divers together with ian on that dive on sunday, Emic can confirm. I was never alerted of such a finding, and I know nothing about it. Maybe there is a mistake somewhere, or maybe he did not alert us not to create panic!!!!!!
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Destination Sea

Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

EmicMalta

I was the first one on the wreck this sunday. Can confirm that even if there was not lot of fish but just some small bait-fish this is one of the reasons that some times one goes there and finds fish and just the day after you dont see nothing. I do lot of spearfishing all over malta and gozo but doing these things on turist atraction and in these places is really one of the worst things one can do. As bagira said and I know that he done like me, we go there to relax and if there is fish avalable its nice to see them. While we where going on the front of the wreck I saw something similar to a packet of tishue but at a sudden i saw something and didn t cared about it. When we wheer haeding  to the back my buddy saw it but I saw a fish and made him a sign to follow me and so he didn t cared about it too.
While we where changing we saw the guys of the club and talked with them but no one mentioned anything. I work on CCTV and know how things go. If they want, thay can do something on this. At night wrecks are dead and no one will trow exploseves unless it was early morning. It was North so it wasn t a boat coming from lapsi, the bomb was on the wreck and no one can trow it from land till that place.

baghira

Tonight I just met Ian at the club, and had a small chat with him about the finding.
They saw it on the deck on the front, and me and adrian were on the other wing of the wreck looking at some dentex, and did not see it. It was white with  something written in maltese like (ahraq u itfa l-bahar).
They waited there till 2 in the afternoon for the armed forces and they retreived it. Some other divers played with it not knowing the content, and displaced it to another place, but they managed to find it. It contained explosive like the ones they use for fireworks they said.

As I said he did not tel us not to alert us, and maybe someone could panic.

MartinB

Quote from: Destination Sea on December 22, 2009, 16:22:53 CET
a very selfish act with drastic consequences.
Definitely especially when you consider the force multiplying factor of an underwater explosion!! Even when its done by professional underwater demolition experts its still considered as one of the most dangerous activities/employment you can engage in...Not that the d**kheads who did this selfish act would know this!
Prison is too good for them!

baghira

This is the explosive.....
Written on It the words:
'Hu nifs Qawwi u Itilqu'

johnbrimbu

it s not good too see that things. where the bomb exploded ther is no life at all still the sea weed dies.

trojsi is-sajjied

Ma tiehux f'idhom dawn in-nies li jitfawhom... ostra kemm niehu pjacir! Ha jkunu jafu kemm jamlu hsara..
... izommu jigri malajr in-nifs x'hin jitlaqa ghax qas Amen ma jghid. Din barra li hi hdura, hija injoranza grassa
fejn juru kemm ghamlu snin jistudjaw l universita ta harvart. Ja njoranti intom kollha li tistadu bil-bomba!

mike.d.

MartinB

Quote from: trojsi is-sajjied on January 02, 2010, 23:57:09 CET
Ma tiehux f'idhom dawn in-nies li jitfawhom... ostra kemm niehu pjacir! Ha jkunu jafu kemm jamlu hsara..
... izommu jigri malajr in-nifs x'hin jitlaqa ghax qas Amen ma jghid. Din barra li hi hdura, hija injoranza grassa
fejn juru kemm ghamlu snin jistudjaw l universita ta harvart. Ja njoranti intom kollha li tistadu bil-bomba!
Translation
I wish the bomb would have gone off while they were igniting it and blew up in their face(s) so they would know the damage it causes..they wouldn't have a chance to hold their breath or say Amen ("take a deep breath and throw it" was written in maltese on the bomb) Apart from the jealousy and gross ignorance of these people they also showed us how many years they did studying at harvard (Sorry! but maltese sarcasm doesn't translate too well!!)
Those who fish with explosives are ignorant people

mike.d.