• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

barracuda

Started by Robby9, January 08, 2010, 14:47:30 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinB

Nice parrot mate  :D that's a 1st!!! Like rammx said try a plastic lure (a yo-zuri crystal minnow or similar) or even the metal lure you described at sunrise or sunset.You can occasionally get a nice suprise lure fishing during the day  :)
If you going to try live baiting,bread and maggots are both good to catch a small mullet or even bogue etc Also,and im probably stating the obvious here,but if your going to live bait for 'cudas use a wire trace as they have a tendency to bite through the line otherwise.
Good luck,and if you don't manage to get your barracuda don't worry you won't loose face,just challenge your mate to hook a parrot lure fishing  ;D  8)
Tight Lines

D_Styles

These are the lures I have, theres a third, but its pretty much exactly the same as the larger one, just a different colour. Tried my luck at Tigne point yesterday afternoon and got nothing at all :/

ken82

I believe that is a spanyid raider??? from what i know this kind of lure is best attached via a swivel to the main line to obtain the desired effect. Even changing from one lure to the other is easier

Take Care

POSSIBLI MA NDUNAJTUX Guys

MartinB

Quote from: ken82 on May 08, 2010, 10:06:30 CET
POSSIBLI MA NDUNAJTUX Guys
Yes! didn't say anything as the swivel in the pic is overkill (and thats quite an understatement tbh) and he'd be way better off without it!!!

D_Styles

Hey guys, thanx for all the advice, back in England now. I didn't end up catching anything, in fact I didn't see anything except the little fish that hang around the rocks. I let my lure sink a few times but the water isn't too deep and almost lost my gear to seaweed a few times. I went to Tigne Point to watch the sunrise one morning to try. Maybe because there is construction going on round there  ??? Great way to start the day though :)

I'm going to come back in Sept hopefully and have another go when the sea has heated up a bit! Will definitely hire out a boat for the day as well and try my hand at sea fishing! :D

Tight lines!