• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

kristal fishing Electric Reel

Started by malliadan, March 16, 2010, 18:06:18 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

malliadan

http://www.kristalfishing.it/Lingua%20ingelse/inglese/serie%20600/divisione%20serie%20600.html

what do you think about this? The XL630 costs eu236, don't have the price for the 635

Daniel

shanook

I thinj that Okuma carries those reels. Dont know the price but I am sure he will give u an answer when he reads it.

OKUMA-1976

thanks shanook

XL635 Eur365 better than XL630 as it has variable speed even good for jigging.

max drop weight 500g

available in stock

busumark

the kristal fishing 605 DM looks a good model but i think that it costs a bit.

Moonwalker

@ Okuma
What is the "max drop weight" ? From the reel specs I saw this is not listed - neither on other different brands.
What is listed is
Traction  Kg. 14
Fish traction  Kg. 80

Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI

OKUMA-1976

@moonwalker

traction kg.14
fish traction kg.80
is the 600 series models recommended weight 1000g

not 630 635 and 638 models

400 series models XL410 up to 2000g drop weight.

shall you need any more info do ask.

Moonwalker

Its still not clear enough for me.
When you have 2 or more fishes hooked its easy to add 1 or 2 kg to the weight apart from the fish pulling action. So this means that the reel may not handle that?

I'm asking this because I have the Miya X4 and use a weight of 1.25 or 1.5kg. But there is nothing listed in the manual about "max drop weight".

digger0579

Well, I have the kristal fishing XL95.... it's a down wrigger but I still use it for deep drops and I find it good aswell......... and takes 4 to 5 min only to reel up 400 mt of braid line with 1.25 Kg of weight on it.
Petecraft 17 Sport with Suzuki DF90..............

Moonwalker

I have a kristal fishing 410 too now and its a monster and nothing can stop it. Only drawback conpared to the Miya is speed control which I will be adding soon.

shanook

hahha didnt think that a variable speed is not in your reach Julian. I am sure u will make a good one.........oh when Busu hears this he will be behind ur door....if he doesnt see it I WILL TELL HIM :)PPP

busumark

if you will make the variable speed it is best to use the blue bigger spool

hottuna

i bought the krystal fishing xl640 electric reel for deep sea fishing want to catch big fish but i don't know where to go i bought it 425 euros from ta bormla anyone has suggestions and can i put 2 kilo weight if i go 500 metre depth, i bought it 3 moths ago and never used it  as that i am confused and can i fish in night time what are the best times please? thanks

shanook

u can fish at night daytime rainy or dry weather.....down at 500 mtrs wont make much difference whats happening in the surface.....What weight did ta Bormla suggest u use at that depth. I am sure he will advice you if you ask him. Regarding where to go fishing....well its a matter of watching your depth finder and if u either see fish or at least see difference in depth ...give it a go...I dont think anyone is going to tell you where to catch them as they are being raided by a lot of people using electric reels....Please dont use the system of continuos fishing in the same place ....give the fish time to recuperate...catch a couple and move on to a different place....goood luck

hottuna

Thank man he suggested 1 kilo weight but i think xl 640 is not good for deep drop bottom fishing because it has no variable speed and ive done some research it says kite fishing i hope i havent been fooled into buying it!

Moonwalker

Variable speed isn't really necessary if the clutch is good.