• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

MFF ORIS Comp: Discussion

Started by skip, May 14, 2010, 16:44:20 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

General chat about the competition, any questions etc.

A COMPULSORY meeting for all skippers will be held on the 22nd June 19:30, at Giordanos Bar & Restaurant, Triq is-Sidra, Swieqi. During this meeting skippers must as a minimum register themselves and their vessels. In addition we will give a basic safety briefing, and discuss the rules in more detail.  All skippers must attend this meeting; crew are welcome to come along.

Competition Day:  Tuesday 29th June 2010
Backup Competition Days:  3rd July, 4th July, 10th July, 11th July

ORIS ALONGI COMPETITION ENTRY FEE PER PERSON
All others: €12 per person
Forum Premium Members: €8.00 per person
Forum VIP Members: €5.00 per person

ORIS ALONGI COMPETITION OVER €3000 Worth of PRIZES

1st Prize: ORIS "Der Meistertaucher" Swiss Watch worth €1900
Okuma Classic 45L 2010 model, Strike Pro Set of 3 lures from Okuma Malta, 3 Adult Lifejackets, 4 bottles of Premium Wine from Hi-Tec Marine

2nd Prize: OceanLED A6 Amphibians underwater LED lights from RLR worth €480
PENN trolling reel 185 SEA BOY, Strike Pro Set of 3 lures from Okuma Malta, 3 Adult Lifejackets, 4 bottles of Premium Wine from Hi-Tec Marine

3rd Prize: Riviera Marine Compass from Zarb Stores
X-tools Gaff floating type 170CM, Strike Pro Set of 3 lures from Okuma Malta, 3 Adult Lifejackets, 4 bottles of Premium Wine from Hi-Tec Marine

4th Prize: €50 Cheque for fuel from Malta Fishing Forum, Lifejacket, PREDAPRO Lure
5th Prize: €40 Cheque for fuel from Malta Fishing Forum, Lifejacket, PREDAPRO Lure
6th Prize: €30 Cheque for fuel from Malta Fishing Forum, Lifejacket, PREDAPRO Lure

Biggest Fish: 30 lbs Class Reel OKUMA SD-45L and Rod MITCHELL UNIVERSE II 30LB from Okuma Malta

TROPHIES provided by ORIS Swiss Watches

Up to 3 Trophies awarded to each team finishing in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Single Trophy for the biggest fish.

Boat Inspection Checkpoints:

Boats will be inspected before the competition start between at the following locations (If you are not checked you cannot compete)

02:00 – 03:15
Marsamxett Pier – Near Valletta Waterpolo Pitch Approx GPS: 35°54'1.47"N  35°54'1.47"N

03:00 – 04:00
B'Bugia – San Gorg Jetty  35°49'48.73"N  14°31'56.64"E

03:45 – 04:15
Marfa Jetty – Approx GPS: 35°59'13.47"N  14°20'40.85"E (Opposite Ramla Bay Hotel Resort)
04:00 – 04:45
Gnejna Bay Jetty – Approx GPS: 35°55'15.32"N   14°20'38.08"E

All vessels are requested to hold just off the quay to ensure sufficient space for each vessel to come alongside, and then make their way to the nearest start position once checked.

Competition Start Time & Locations:

Southern Area 04:30 from the fairway buoy outside the Freeport – this will be the start point for Valletta, Msida boats as well

Marfa Northern Area 1 – 04:30 leaving from Marfa Jetty

Gnejna Northern Area 2 – 05:00 leaving from Gnejna Jetty

benri

Very nice prizes Skip and All - Well done. Many thanks to the sponsors too! Let's hope it will remain a FAIR FRIENDLY competition!
I'd rather be fishing.....

robby017

well done to all......... all that benri stated, i agree 100%
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

skip

Let's hope we get some more people signing up!! So far just 2!

Spirit of Jason

Well done Skip, appreciate all your hard work. One question though ?.

I have registered my boat and crew for the competition, I have noticed that everyone has registered three crew, does this mean that each boat is only allowed three people on board, during the competition.
The reason I am asking is because I would like to have the Captains wife on board, to make coffee and pass out sandwiches, because we will be far to busy catching fish.

Captain Gus.

The_Gaffer

Spirit of Jason - In answer to your question, there is no limit to the number of crew members one can take on board for the competition.  However, the Trophies for the winners in are limited to three (3) trophies per boat placing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd. 
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Spirit of Jason

twoutes

Cudos to you and your organizing committee. Wish l could take part but can't for obvious reasons.
Well done 'Malta Fishing Forum'
We're here for a good time...Not a long time

skip

If anyone is looking for crew put your request here.

vlegga

Hi Guys
how does it work who wins if there is 2 guys on a boat and caught 4alungi and another boat with 4guys and caught 6 who wins ? just an example

Thanks
Vlegga

SteveGB

Vlegga,

I stand to be corrected, but I believe that irrespective of the number of people on the boat, the catch per boat is taken in consideration. Therefore the boat who caught 6 Alungi will win.
DEADLIEST CATCH{ --> 18.5 ft Ranieri Soverato powered by 100 hp 4 stroke Yamaha & Yamaha Enduro 8hp

Moonwalker

Is this the MFF alungi competition or something else?
Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI

robby017

yes... organised by MFF, sponsored mainly by Oris watches
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

The_Gaffer

Quote from: vlegga on May 18, 2010, 08:11:41 CET
Hi Guys
how does it work who wins if there is 2 guys on a boat and caught 4alungi and another boat with 4guys and caught 6 who wins ? just an example

Thanks
Vlegga

Irrispective of the number of people on board, the boat with the highest count of fish caught (alungi) is declared the winner.  If two or more boats have the same amount of fish caught, then the weight of the fish is the determining factor, so the boat with the heviest weight of all alungi put together from a single boat is declared the winner.  Number of people on board is not a determing factor in this competition.
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

The_Gaffer

Quote from: Moonwalker on May 18, 2010, 08:30:21 CET
Is this the MFF alungi competition or something else?

Correct Moonwalker.  This is the official Malta Fishing Forum ORIS Alungi competition.  The competition has as its main sponsor ORIS Watches, exclusively distributed by Jos. Debono jewellers.  We have managed to secure other sponsors for this event, namely Okuma, RLR Yachting, Predapro, Zarb Stores, Paq Paq, Hi-Tech Marine, European Pilot Academy Malta and Strike Pro.  We urge our members to remember that without our Sponors help, it would not have been possible to deliver such a fantastic lineup of prizes to the winners.  
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/