• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Saturday 5 June 1st Alongi fishing trip

Started by The_Gaffer, May 31, 2010, 06:17:36 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gaffer

Guys, been waiting for so long to start this season's fishing, however Saturday 5 June looks promising. All rods and reels are ready, lures and leader line changed and crimped, hook points sharpened...where is the fine weather, and more importantly, where are the Alongi!!!!
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

benri

I'm looking forward to a good weather weekend too..... not sure if it will be alongi or jigging though!
I'd rather be fishing.....

robby017

good luck with whichever you go for........as for me, i'll be revising my Tax notes & the Income Tax Act for the exam on the 7th of June.....
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

shanook

ir risqman imma jien il hadd naqbes qabza imma forsi naqra jigging jew deep ghax wisq maltemp matul il gimgha u jkunn ad hemm il kurrent is sibt............

ForTuna

We should be out all weekend and Monday, weather permitting :)
ForTuna

Triumph 170cc - Evinrude 75 E-TEC

Destination Sea

Waiting for the weather to stabilise a bit than launch.most probable end of next week
Marino Iside 500 - Etec 90
Buccaneer 130 - Mercury 20

The_Gaffer

Weather is back to F2-3 variable!!!!! for Saturday.  Alongi or Deepsea?
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

shanook

well take a trip out to +20miles trolling alungi if no hit deepsea for 5hrs and then troll back. u try for both

rammx

try for both ! ::) ;D  but if I were you I 'd wait till next Friday as I'm noticing that lately the wind forecast is being pretty unprecise!(more than usual)   Windfinder included   :'(

The_Gaffer

Quote from: shanook on June 01, 2010, 11:25:40 CET
well take a trip out to +20miles trolling alungi if no hit deepsea for 5hrs and then troll back. u try for both

Thats sounds like a plan Tony..:P
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

blueskip

Glad to hear that you boys are going to make a start at last! we have been seriously fishing for the last 2 months. I know that you like it warm before you start but aren't you taking it a bit far its June 3rd now, the season will be over soon ::)
Jokes aside I am looking forward to the reports of some REAL fish being caught, unlike the stuff we catch, a 20kg tope is a talking point with us, I cant wait for you to post reports of these big alungi & other species you are going to catch. I know that when I come over in July the weather will be crap, & I will have to sit on Marsascala pier watching the waves crashing in, in thinking about what I have missed for the 3rd year on the trot! :'(
So lets have some reports & photos of big fish ready for the barby! :o
Blueskip

mike.d.

??? ??? ??? as long as results are posted in english blueskip we should be ok, the bbq one has now changed to all maltese, so before this one changes, good luck to all taking part.

robby017

@ mike--> the bbq went into maltese so we could explain the directions to a member..... thus a 2nd map....... if you don't understand something just ask mate.
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

The_Gaffer

Weather conditions for the Maltese Islands is very unstable at the moment.  Yesterday forecast was showing a F2 to 3 for Saturday, now its showing a F4 to 5 going down to F3 to 4 and then to 3 by the evening.  So much for fishing >:( >:(
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

The_Gaffer

I'm cross checking three weather sites...windfinder.com, maltairport.com/weather and meteo.it (the italian military weather site - most accurate)
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/