• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

PUTTINU CARES - World Record Challenge

Started by skip, July 13, 2010, 04:52:39 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

skip

Blue Sea Sport Angling Club is once again organizing a sport fishing event for another good cause. The aim of this year  Blue Sea – Puttinu  Fishing Festival, is to go for a World Record Challenge  and to enhance the awareness of PUTTINU CARES worldwide by including them in the Guinness Book of World Records.

To reach our goal, we require 700 Participant  ( 100 teams of 7 participants each whom are over twelve  years of age),  to take part in this four hour of continuous fishing event which will be held on Sunday 19th September 2010 between 12.00 and 16.00hrs at Marsaskala. All this is done with the kind collaboration of Marsaskala Local Council. Each participant including helpers will be contributing five (5) Euros to go towards the requirements of PUTTINU CARES.

To date, the World Record is 679 Participant held by Sweden and this, has been so for these last eleven years.

Should this record be successfully achieved, each participant will receive a memorable Certificate of Participation in this World Record Feat.  Besides and foremost, the original Guinness World Record Certificate, will be awarded to Puttinu Cares to be placed in the Rainbow Ward.

Addition to all this, every registered participant and helper being present during this four hour challenge, can be the lucky winner of one of the various valued donated items, where the grand will be  One Ticket for a 1 week Mediterranean Cruise with all taxes included,  kindly donated by S.M.S Travel – S.Mifsud & Sons Ltd. (Terms and Conditions applies).

It is our pleasure to invite you, your family, and your friends to take part either individually or as a formed team where together, we will try and  make this World Record dream come true.

We also appreciate your assistance in helping us to promote this event, by encouraging others to participate and to make this first of its kind challenge that is being organized in our Country a successful one.

Should you require further information or would like to apply for this event, please feel free to call on our hotlines  7944 7944 – 7948 9748 – 7944 9944  or by e-mail to:  alcar@onvol.net  or  info@blueseamalta.com   

Whilst thanking you for your kind attention, I trust that Together we will succeed in this World Record Challenge.

Yours truly,

Chev.Charles Caruana KLJ OMLJ
Chairman
Organizing Committee

skip

Just to clarify, this event is NOT being organised by the Malta Fishing Forum - we have simply placed the info on request to help spread the word given that the forum has the single largest member base and target audience in Malta.

clutch_kick

I seriously hope that they stresss Catch and Release.  700 participants on a small stretch of coast is going to put a huge environmental impact on that area. 
Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

placebo

the huge environmental impact in this area is being illegaly done everyday with irresponsible people fishing nets .... one can easily see such activity done everyday in late and early hours of day.

we've been reporting such activity to authorities but as everyone knows the people in power are not acting so far!

Both Blue Sea and KSFA have been in favor of catch and release and we've been practicing such beliefs for the last 15 years when all this awareness was far from understood in our country.

More than that we also release back fish which weigh more than minimum sizes so we have been taking a far better position than the people who  issued minimum sizes regulations.

i hope that as a forum members you will be able to come and participate in this event which will contribute to a far much better cause.

the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

skip

I hope we have some entries from the MFF.

I will sponsor a team of 7 for this event. The forum will cover your entry fee.

This will be on a first come first served basis, so get your team of 7 together and send in your names to admin@maltafishingforum.com

framerc

Guys lets take part in this event, it is for a good cause and all the money is going for PUTTINO CARES. The minimum entry fee is 5 Euro, but one can give what he want.
Guys lets do this for the people who really need a lot of help.
Thanks

camkev

We are taking part...and already a team of seven...at least we can help people while practising our hobby.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

placebo

it's not easy to find so many shore anglers that are willing to participate but as forum members you can have a big number i think. it's just 4 hours of fishing so we encourage you to come along and do your part. just get your rod and have fun while contributing to a good cause.

it's important that everyone will try to keep undersized fish alive. also i know that it is not that easy to keep fish alive but try to do your very best using keep nets.

hope it will be a fun afternoon for all .......

skip

Quote from: camkev on July 14, 2010, 20:47:55 CET
We are taking part...and already a team of seven...at least we can help people while practising our hobby.

Kev, send me your team list as the first team of 7 we will sponsor your entry.

camkev

Thanks skip,but we will pay the fees ourselves and if you want you can donate the same ammount to  puttinu cares :)
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

placebo

it's important to have teams registered in time before event ... i think you should team up and present forms by the end of the week if possible.

Should you need any forms i will deliver 79476448

robby017

looking forward to the event..... mostly to spend it fishing with friends and a cold CISK or two!!!
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

placebo

we need to register all those intended to fish by next tuesday .....

phone me on 79476448 if you need registration forms ... i will come deliver and collect

placebo

you can also send me details:

name, ID card nos, so that i fill up the form then pay 5 eur contribution on the date ....

email me on : anelson@maltanet.net