• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

recommended lenght (& other specifications) for fishing from small boat

Started by bahri, August 13, 2010, 11:49:00 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

bahri

Guys, is there a recommended lenght of reel rod to be used off a small fishing boat (bahri)?

Also, there is a Xzoga Rod for sale in a forum, with lots of specifcations - which are the main features of the rod itself to compare when considering a rod used purely from a boat?

This particular rod is €200 - is it the material that makes it expensive or is that the going rate for a good rod?

thanks

Bahri

skip

That Xzoga is a top of the range jigging rod, specifically designed for jigging and large fish.

What type of boat fishing do you intend to do, what size is your reel and roughly what do you plan to target.

Rods are usually designated by line class and lure weight as the main ratings, though on the smaller lighter rods things may be a little different.

Then you have rods meant for popping (7ft), Standard spinning, 6ft6 etc, jigging usually under 6ft though also a matter of preference etc

SPITEC

Depends what are you gone fish for.If its for light bottom fishing you just need few euro and if it's for somrthing else you need to specify!
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

bahri

Thanks! Yes rod needed purely for bottom line fishing (normally limited to paggell, serran u hut iehor tal qiegh) and will be fishing from a Bahri (13ft'er).

btw what exactly is jigging?

shanook

bahri for that type of fishing a few Euro rod will be more than enough. Go to Ta Bormla (Mosta) or to Spitec (Rabat) an they can help u in making a good decision. I have a rodnd reel that cost 18 Euro and I brought up a Hmar of 1,2 kg and I tell u it was fun seeing the rod bet double with the small reel going berzerk yep ...........