• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

Maver

Started by sergio, July 22, 2007, 12:29:39 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

sergio

Hey guys, check out the range of Maver  UK and Maver Italy rods @ ANgler Centre in Pieta near the hospital. DAMNNNNNNNNNN the quality is SPOT ON !!! I think theyre the best feeling rods I have ever fished with. Already bought a telescopic beachcaster which is great. Now considering buying a 3 piece match rod , but it costs lm 80 :p Comes with 2 rod blanks though, and the action is unbelievable ( different lenghts) check it out guys ! staff is helpful and rod quality is AWESOME !

kempy

after breaking my rod this week i will be heading to that new shop for the first time after work tommorow talking bout buying you fishing rods now im all excited and wont be able to sleep lol
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office

A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,doesn't know what a patient man she married

sergio

dude, seriously , the quality of those rods is impressive.  the only problem is that most of the Maver rods the shop stocks are cheaper models , with only 2 exceptions = a lm80 match rod and a lm120 9metre pole which is LIGHT AS HELL) . however, the rest of the rods are all lower-range models - costing lm 25-40 . however the quality is really impressive regardless of the price. in fact i think i will buy the lm 80 rod instead of a fly hulk, because i think it has better action because it's a 3-piece. I think Maver rods from Angler Centre coupled with Shimano Reels from Mister Fish will make the ultimate combination . it's my birthday today so im thinking of getting something new :p

skip

Went to check out the shop yesterday. It's a good setup, well stocked and a helpful owner. They have a massive new range of rods and reels coming in 3 weeks time so be sure to check them out. they also are running a voucher promotion at the moment, spent Lm20 and get Lm5 voucher, spend Lm30 for a Lm7 etc. It's a good idea. Maybe forum members will get some kind of additional discount in the future, or some incentive.

Skip

sergio

i dont think they stock much in the way of big-game equipment. however , for shore fishing , they have the nicest rods you can buy ! I just wish someone would import Gray's to malta ! been trying to get one by mailorder for ages !

kempy

i in the middle of ordering a new rod .its meant to be great its called an ugly stick. What mail orders do you use i use 2 and if you want i will give you there email add and they will send you a catolog there both pretty cheap.

A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,doesn't know what a patient man she married

sergio

can u give me the email ? because i tried ordering a rod from waders-on.com and they said since it's a long item they dont ship it to malta. i wanta Grey's rod though. nothing else

kempy

here is the site of one of them this site will do every thing from fishing to hunting ... every thing is in here its very fast and reliable sorry took so long to post but been very busy with looking for a job  ::)

P.S let me know what you guys think of it . will post the other site when i find it

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/category/category.jsp?id=cat20166&cmCat=MainCatcat20166&navAction=jump&cm_re=store*left*cat20166

dcassar

Hey Guys...I've used the Cabelas site on many occasion as have many of my friends.....so far we have never had any problems....

skip

Sergio,

It's all about the packaging. All them need to do is wrap the rod in bubblewrap and then put it in a hard tube so that they can ship without problems. Unfortunately due to the extra packaging most are not willing it seems. Contact the UK dealers located through Greys website and see what they can do for you.

Skip

kempy

when i bought a rod from them it was so well packed to me bout 20  mins just to open the damb thing  ;)

shanook

i lived in the states and apart from cabelas u should try Basspro.com. these are very large companies. First compare prices from both and dont forget that they usually offer something similar to what you are checking which is done purposely for them at a a cheaper price.
Happy fishing

kempy

also a very good one is uk based with individual qotes on shipping and is also very reliable

www.veals.co.uk

linfa

was going through this discussion.  just to let you know i just found out that angler centre at g,mangia have an offer similar to last year's.  you get 10 euros extra free when you spend 50 euros.  i think i'll go and check it out guys and let you know cos it's a good deal.

The_Gaffer

I bought all my trolling rods and reels from cabelas. Rods are shipped in a hollow solid cardboard tube and then in a protective box. Got them at half the price they sell in Malta and that includes shipping!. For marine and boat related stuff I usually shop from west marine.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/