• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.
Main Menu

Spearfishing

Started by uxdiesel99, November 09, 2010, 22:29:45 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

uxdiesel99

Hi Guys, I m new to this forum, I just starting spearfishing this summer (using the Mares FV phantom 95) and loved it so much that bought also a wetsuit to continue fishing also in winter (in summer i was spearing 2 to 3 times a week). I would like to go spearing at Cirkewwa but heard it is protected, is this true?  I would like to ask some spearfishing experts how to increase my breath hold, i m currently 50 secs static (I know...amateur)..Thanks guys

freediver

try to relax when ventilate in surface always dive with a buddy try some yoga and also increase your surface time.

dive safe mark

uxdiesel99

Just another question...since my knowledge on spearfishing is a bit green, I bought the Beuchat Powerjet firm flex fins, and now I m noticing that all forums state that these are for deep diving and for spearfishing flexible ones must be used...due to fatigue etc...does any one work with stiff ones, I tried them out and they have very good performance...but a bit hard eh.

EmicMalta

For all kind of Beuchat staff, phone me on 99593775 and you can try ours. Then we can see whats best for you.

edward

Quote from: uxdiesel99 on November 12, 2010, 08:44:16 CET
Just another question...since my knowledge on spearfishing is a bit green, I bought the Beuchat Powerjet firm flex fins, and now I m noticing that all forums state that these are for deep diving and for spearfishing flexible ones must be used...due to fatigue etc...does any one work with stiff ones, I tried them out and they have very good performance...but a bit hard eh.

uxdiesel99

Edward, i m trying to contact you on msn, to ask you som questions regarding beuchat...can t find you online.

EmicMalta

Quote from: uxdiesel99 on November 14, 2010, 13:32:17 CET
Edward, i m trying to contact you on msn, to ask you som questions regarding beuchat...can t find you online.

at the moment I m very busy and no time for the pc, or otherwise phone Giovanni on 79317244