• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Jigging with electric reels

Started by benri, December 06, 2010, 17:43:36 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

benri

Has anybody ever tried jigging with an electric reel successfully?
I'd rather be fishing.....

clutch_kick

it's wrong! very wrong!!

jig like a man... use your arms :D
Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

robby017

i have to agree with clutch kick...........
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

shanook

well if its not to deep than jig with our arms if you can keep it up, but when you get to certain depths then all I have to say is NINI NINI

jessijames 2

benri

wow. I would have released that........

shanook

yep I never doubt you would benri................

benri

so back to the subject....:) Apparently nobody ever jigged with electric reels sucessfully so I shall be the first to try! Mur emmen  >:(
At least can anyone suggest a good electric reel for deep jigging? If I read correctly from some research I made it should be able to retrieve at approx 180m per minute.

clutch_kick

I can help you with the Jigs but not the reels benri sorry :)  Electric reels usually have pre-programmed actions for jigging the lures, so i guess if it has a Jigging function it is fine.
Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

visa

hi berni have a look at my electric jigger in the boat garage its with the rods next to my boat, its a electric jigger, deep sea  fishing reel MIYA EPOCH c 8hp and to get the best information go to http://www.ehow.com/how_2175500_pick-deep-sea-fishing-reels.html also u should get busu to explain more about his Crystal fishing reel.
RASCALA 24ft. with DF225 hp SUZUKI v6 4 stroke

shanook

No Visa the Kristal does not have jigging action. Its the Miya and the Daiwa. The daiwa has a lot of jigging reels of medium depth. The ones for deep sea and have jigging action are the Daiwa tanacom.......and the Miya epoch in various sizes 6 8 and then the bigger ones that run in the 4000 dollars range
Mine does not have jigging its for deep sea. Have a look at Johns at the Club and then we will have a chat.

look see: http://www.technotren.com/command-x6n6.html

benri

will come to the club this morning and try out john's reel in the water tank :)

benri

thanks digger - are you sure about the web site? i've currently set my eyes on the daiwa seaborg 500fe for jigging - Any suggestions?

benri

Thanks digger. I have an Okuma Cedros (rod and reel) set-up on which I managed to land 2 large ajs (8kg and 13kg) without problems. It's a great setup but the only problem is the price I have to pay with my backache for a whole week after one day's jigging!