• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Buying tumbrell.....!!!!

Started by Skalm, January 07, 2011, 06:35:12 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalm

Hi, guys I am interested to buy tumbrell as many as you catch.. If someone interested to sell please send me a pm.  Thanks again ,  Tight lines.... ;)

Moonwalker

Try pixkerija if you want that much :)
Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI

SEAFOX

Skalm - I have just started to fiish for Tumbrell and if you wish to buy them whenever I catch a few it is NO/LE from me...but you are most welcome to have them all for free!! .....provided that you come over to pick them up from M'Scala. Could be the fuel to come overe here will cost you more than buying the Tumbrell from the pixkerija, but it depends where you reside of course. Send me a PM on my email address: jbeecee@go.net.mt --- with your phone number so that if I have any luck I can call you.

The_Gaffer

Better still - Instead of giving them out for free, Skalm and anyone else who needs Tumbrell should forward a donation in aid of the MFF's initiative together with Puttinu Cares!!
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

LapsiBoy

Free? I keep mine in the freezer for bait and when lampuki season comes the imrejkba guys go crazy for them and pay good $$$$$$$$ too

Moonwalker

Never tought that Tumbrell is going out for free. There is a craze for it at the moment for deep bottom and longlines.
I bought quite a lot recently for €1 each.  Would have been much better had the money gone to Putting cares.
Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI

SEAFOX

I think Moonwalker that you misunderstood me. I never sell any fish that I catch, I give it away. Therefore if I get any Tumbrell you can have them for free. You can donate some Euros (as the Gaffer correctly remarks) for the Puttino cause when the time comes. Yes Tumbrell do make very good bait for the konzijiet but those "konzijiet" days are over for me. Hafna xghol dawn ghalijja, ghandi 61 issa hi..! -

Skalm

Very good idea to give donation for Puttinu cares, I have sent pm's to some people, hope to hear from you.  Thanks again..

shanook

oh come on seafox u are not that bad........u still drink coffee with a bit on the side so there........when u have tumbrell give me a call even Busu will take some......gees we used to sell it for 10c each and that was when they were scarce, when abundant we used to give out a bucketful or free......those were the days....

LapsiBoy

robby017

QuoteFree? I keep mine in the freezer for bait and when lampuki season comes the imrejkba guys go crazy for them and pay good $$$$$$$$ too

halli alik dan
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

SEAFOX

Veru ta Shannok...those were the days ..mela hi dak kien zmien...when we used to get tired hooking the Tumbrell on our long rixha lines....now its the very opposite....we get exhausted trying to locate and land a few. Will call you if I bucket quite some fish, tried today, morning & afternoon imma xejn, tkisirt ghal xejn...BTW-my coffee at sea is always spiced and you know quite well with what!

robby017

keep some tumbrell for you and me colin, lets go let out a small longline someday.
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

joe

framerc

it seems that in the area of B'Bugia there are no Tumbrell and they are at Port il-Kbir upwards