• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

klamari

Started by malliadan, January 10, 2011, 13:24:51 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

malliadan

when is the best time of year to fish for klamari? is this time of year still good as we re trying to go tonight. (i.e. From the boat)

Daniel

benri

this should be the peak time of the season but this year all is going crazy
I'd rather be fishing.....

malliadan

is any klamari being cought or no?

robby017

if you find a good spot you'll catch..... although not in numbers, last i went by boat we caught
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

SEAFOX

Kalmari are in very short supply in our area, its the worse I can remember, last I went out (Friday) I only got 2. Rob..I know where to find them, good spots that I have fished for many years, but they are just not there in numbers as you state.

robby017

rightly said seafox, BUT, someone on the forum also got 32 in one evening...... there was a pic in the gallery a few weeks back.

SEAFOX

Veru Rob u ghandek ragun.. but certainly not caught in in our area which you had expereinced a couple of weeks ago..brodu hi! My friend got back from kalamar fishing at 7.30 pm and he only got 1, miskien u , tatu rasu...that's why I went for the Tumbrell...anyway tomorrow is the last day I fish (weather permitting) then Wednes. boats are hauled to the garage, hafna xghol for a few months & get ready for May. BTW - Had Bigboy and Perla come over to my place this pm, really nice guys. They enjoyed visiting the tackle "shop"!

LapsiBoy

I went 3 times to the same place and caught 32 on one occasion and 26 on another and the last time i got 12 and went in since it was getting rough. "ma nistax ingerger bil malti"

malliadan

yesterday we spent approx. 4hrs........we caught 4............at least being our first time we caught something

Daniel

robby017

did you take note where you got those 4? perhaps on a gps? or by driving back up onto that same spot? if you have a fishfinder, did you note the depth you got them from?

if you did, keep them in mind to return to those locations again.

malliadan

i didn't cause i was drifting and all of them where caught in different places at different depths approx 300m out from the the cliffs near Ghar Hasan

Daniel

robby017

try do it, it should help increase your chances.... i did not ask you where you were mate...... esp if u have a gps and can mark ur position.

malliadan

thanks mate i'll try it nxt time.....re: the place it's no secret since it was packed with boats one against the other....... i stayed at a distance from them so not to bother anyone

robby017

this applies for all boat fishing.... except migrating fish like lampuki and albacore........ even though, seasons later you can get them from same places.

ken82

if you can see it then the fish are seeing it too and better too. Huma qeghdin home